Why would slides made on my secretary's PC be blank on other computers?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 5 2018 5:05 PM

Hi - sorry for 2nd post in one day...

This has been going on for a couple of years now, and I need to sort this out. When my secretary makes content slides on her pc, they look fine on her pc - but when I try to open them anywhere else, I get blank slides. Is there a setting in Proclaim that I might have wrong? 

Or is anyone aware of some setting on her pc that might be wrong? I asked my IT guy and he double checked the settings in our church firewall - she is not blocked in any way. 

Looking for some other areas to check.

Thanks,

Pastor Larry Becker

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 5 2018 5:22 PM

Are there custom uploaded images on the slides?  Quite often, when I encounter these blank white slides, it indicates that someone has selected "Use on this computer only" whenever they are importing a picture or video.  This is one possible avenue to check. 

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 12:13 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Justin. It isn't that - I checked that first thing a couple of years ago. 

When she adds a slide with new content, she is getting a red exclamation mark where you'd normally see a green check mark indicating proper syncing. I looked on her pc and she has HUNDREDS of red exclamation marks - I don't think her pc has ever properly sync'd.

Any other suggestions? 

Thanks!  Pastor Becker

Posts 24008
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 1:03 PM

Hi Lawrence

In the "Proclaim Log Files" folder under "Documents" on your secretary's PC you should have Proclaim.log and ProclaimError.log files

Please upload these in a reply to this thread using the paperclip icon

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2018 1:14 PM

What you can do on her computer is open up a folder, and in the path field enter:   %localappdata%

From here, go to Proclaim > Data > (a folder that will be randomly named), and delete the folder inside named "UploadManager"

This will clear out all the failed uploads.  Have her reboot Proclaim, and check if the red exclamation point resolves into a green check mark.  If it doesn't something may be blocking the program, such as an anti-virus or firewall.  We can also gladly look at the log files from Proclaim.  You can save these by going to Help > Save Log files, and you can email them to us at support@faithlife.com

Feel free to reach out and give us a call at 888-634-2038 , we can always walk through the troubleshooting steps together.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS