BUG in documentation? Blindness on my part? Propositional outlines

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 31307
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 25 2018 1:48 PM

I was looking at Propositional Outlines in detail and discovered that I couldn't find a definition of "proposition". I use "proposition" in the senses mentioned by wikipedia:

• "the primary bearers of truth-value,
  • the objects of belief and other "propositional attitudes" (i.e., what is believed, doubted, etc.), the referents of that-clauses,
  • and the meanings of declarative sentences."

This does not appear to include the definition of "proposition" used in "propositional outlines". Can a definition of "proposition" be added to Keaton, Mark. The Lexham Propositional Outlines Glossary. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2014. OR Thompson, Jeremy. Lexham Propositional Outlines of the New Testament: Dataset Documentation. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2015.? 

In addition, this dataset is not yet Searchable which leaves me unable to easily find examples of all the labels. Any idea when this feature might be completed?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24248
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 25 2018 2:30 PM

MJ. Smith:
In addition, this dataset is not yet Searchable which leaves me unable to easily find examples of all the labels.

Do you mean something other than what is shown in the example below?

Posts 26373
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 25 2018 7:00 PM

MJ. Smith:
In addition, this dataset is not yet Searchable

You should see Propositional Outline in the Context menu and then be able to select a Search.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 31307
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 25 2018 8:59 PM

Dave Hooton:
You should see Propositional Outline in the Context menu and then be able to select a Search.

You mean I shouldn't have believed the red print in the Help document? Thanks - I' off and running (maybe)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26373
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 26 2018 6:16 PM

Don't believe everything you readSmile It certainly isn't implemented as a Label...

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3346
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 27 2018 9:38 AM

MJ. Smith:

Dave Hooton:

You mean I shouldn't have believed the red print in the Help document? Thanks - I' off and running (maybe)

Hi M.J.,

I'll take a look at this and work on clarifying the help file there. Thanks for pointing it out.

Posts 131
LogosEmployee

Hi MJ:

Thanks for pointing out the oversight in the documentation. I will try to get an update in queue as soon as possible.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS