Lost my post

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1935
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 27 2018 12:23 PM

Had a post queued for moderation yesterday evening that hasn't been released yet. Any chance of setting it free?

Forum ThemeEnhanced Forum Search

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad pro 9.7

Posts 1650
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 27 2018 4:17 PM

Randy W. Sims:
Had a post queued for moderation

I must have missed the memo; I didn't know there was such a queue. I've had posts deleted after the fact over the years, presumably because they put a bee in someone's bonnet (apparently someone who really mattered), but I wasn't notified of the expungement, nor was it explained. Are there certain duck words that trigger the sequestration?

Win7/10 Android/Fire OS 5 | Fully Blinkered Calvinistic Baptist

Posts 1935
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 27 2018 5:24 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Thank you.

Posts 1935
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 27 2018 5:27 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Randy W. Sims:
Had a post queued for moderation

I must have missed the memo; I didn't know there was such a queue. I've had posts deleted after the fact over the years, presumably because they put a bee in someone's bonnet (apparently someone who really mattered), but I wasn't notified of the expungement, nor was it explained. Are there certain duck words that trigger the sequestration?

I think it was recently updated to handle the huge amount of spam that started coming in. I'm not sure what all the criteria are that cause a post to get flagged. Mine was possibly flagged because of the site I was linking to. I don't mind a few false catches to get rid of the spam we were getting.

Posts 7781
LogosEmployee

Robert M. Warren:

The announcement was buried in another thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/139584/890850.aspx#890850 

We use a third-party service that filters spam posts across tens of thousands of different blogs and forums across the Internet; any posts flagged as likely to be spam go into a moderation queue. Any we release are sent back to that service to be flagged as false positives, to help tune their filters.

(In this case, I'm guessing it was probably triggered by the number of external links to sites that aren't normally referenced from our forums.)

Posts 1650
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2018 9:26 AM

Thanks. That sounds like it will be helpful.

Win7/10 Android/Fire OS 5 | Fully Blinkered Calvinistic Baptist

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS