Just a Few More Days for L8

Page 4 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 66 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 28
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 5:51 AM

DAL:

Stop high jacking my thread!  If you want a thread about monitors start your own 😂🤡😁

SadSadSadSad I didn't know I was hijacking a thread. I simply posted on a whim from a comment in this discussion. I humbly apologize.SadSadSadSad

God bless

{charley}

Posts 28
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 5:54 AM

Dale E Heath:

Charley, thank you so much for posting. I would never have thought about using a USB adapter. I assumed they would be too slow and would need a bunch of memory. I'll definitely consider them when I get ready to upgrade. Is your USB 2.0 or 3.0? Thanks, Dale Heath

Dale, I think it is 2.0. I've had them so long they could contain a second Beta release! Big Smile heheh....

God bless

{charley}

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 6:09 AM

mab:
I'm in no rush for L8

I would rather wait a few more weeks for the release than have a few more frustrations with the release!

Posts 1005
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 7:27 AM

Paul Watson:

.... running LOGOS can be a bit like, dare I say running the star ship enterprise...

That's an apt analogy - and I agree that there can be a certain nerd-appeal to messing with it. It frustrates me, though, when I find that my focus has shifted to "running" the software rather than whatever topic I happen to be studying.  That - at core - is what feels unnatural to me.

I honestly don't see it as a major criticism of the software.  What I'm really suggesting is this.  Logos has gotten to the point where the core software is powerful enough for most users.  I think FaithLife would be well served shifting some development resources from adding new features to rethinking the user interface.  Good interface design is a specialty, and can make a real difference in how a program feels. I suspect that if they put some additional resources into it, they could adjust the interface so that it allows users to focus more on what they're trying to accomplish, with less need to think about the technical complexity going on behind the scenes.

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 8:45 AM

EastTN:
Logos has gotten to the point where the core software is powerful enough for most users.  I think FaithLife would be well served shifting some development resources from adding new features to rethinking the user interface.  Good interface design is a specialty, and can make a real difference in how a program feels.

I think this is a very constructive and helpful idea - thanks for putting it so well. 

Colin.  

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 2:12 PM

At the moment I am waiting on clear answers from Phil Gons on Logos 8 and the new notes system and whether FL intend breaking existing functionality I order to simply market the ‘new notes’  and Logos 8 together. I am in no rush for Logos 8 if that is their plan. I do not want a beta notes system with most of my notes disconnected from their source because FL haven’t figured out how to implement custom highlighting in this system.

If that takes 6 months I am happy to wait another six months for Logos 8 rather than having a sub-functional beta system forced upon all users.

Reuben Helmuth:

mab:
I'm in no rush for L8

I would rather wait a few more weeks for the release than have a few more frustrations with the release!

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 11:24 PM

doc:
to simply market the ‘new notes’  and Logos 8 together.

I presumed as much (perhaps falsely). I simply thought the new notes system would be a major part of L8 and would, therefore, be transitioned to the stable channel (and the old system disabled) at the time of L8 release.

doc:
If that takes 6 months I am happy to wait another six months for Logos 8 rather than having a sub-functional beta system forced upon all users.

Heartily agree!

Page 4 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS