Best tablet for Logos in the sun

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1178
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 23 2018 5:15 PM

I would like to be able to read from my logos library even in the sun.  The iPad does not work for this, does anyone have any recommendations of some tablet that would? 

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 23 2018 5:29 PM

I'm also looking at a tablet ~10" for Logos. Looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (not ready for the iPad yet). I wasn't considering use in the sun, but I heard that it works well in the sun.

Posts 1743
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 23 2018 5:34 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

I would like to be able to read from my logos library even in the sun.  The iPad does not work for this, does anyone have any recommendations of some tablet that would? 

From my time in cell phone sales we were told that Samsung Galaxy screens are much better in direct sunlight than iphones. I would assume similar results in tablets. OF course the Kindle paperwhite (with logos resources sent via the method posted in the Forums by Mark Barnes) would be a good way of reading in Sunlight (if saving notes & highlights in the logos ecosystem is not important to you).

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3629
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 12:44 AM

Indeed difficult to beat or even come close to the convenience of reading on a e-ink screen like the Kindle. Unfortunately, transferring while remaining possible is not as convenient as it used to be and you have no logos functionality when you transfer text to the kindle (notes, looking up lemmas, etc). Some folks have been toying with e-ink tablets that actually run the logos app. My impression is that the few tablets of that kind on the market have not delivered stellar performance. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS