Faithlife Books / Logos 7

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 241
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 24 2018 7:13 AM

Hi,

Can somebody please help me.

I purchased three books which were on offer over a week ago. They never came down on my Logos desktop programme and I did contact Customer Support. Still nothing happening other than an initial email which wasn't particularly helpful.

Now I find, having played around a bit, that the books are available on the Faithlife Books App and I have been able to download them to this app. However, I thought that the two platforms were linked and that anything ordered through Faithlife Books would also appear on Logos.

I am confused as the book offer was on the opening page of Logos.

Regards,

Tony Dowden

Posts 22210
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 7:34 AM

Hi Tony

Very strange - as the platforms are linked and so purchases bought on the Faithlife eBooks store should be available in the desktop environment as well.

What were these resources?

Graham

Posts 4
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 7:42 AM

HI Graham,

The books in question were:

Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique Challenges of Pastoral Ministry

Redeeming Money: How God Reveals and Reorients Our Hearts

Sex in a Broken World: How Christ Redeems What Sin Distorts

I believe this was the offer of the month. The first one was free and the last two $3.99 each. I nearly always get the monthly offer and this is the first time that this has happened.

Tony

Posts 27960
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 7:45 AM

Please verify that you are using the same email address (account) on both devices. Also, for clarification: Your issue is that you don't have these resources on your COMPUTER, but you do have access to them on mobile, right? If so, this post may be moved to the L7 forum. 

Which specific version of the L7 engine are you running? Which specific operating system? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 7:54 AM

Hi,

Yes, perhaps this should be on the Logos 7 forum.

For your info the books I ordered show up on the orders listed in My Account when I sign in to Logos on my laptop using Windows 10, but they have neveer downloaded. And no I don't have them on my phone or iPad when using the Logos App. Its just that at some time or another I downloaded the Faithlife Books App to my iPad and just happened to come across them there when I was trying to find out what had happened. Also the email address on both is the same.

Is there a way to move these posts across to the L7 forum?

Tony Dowden

Posts 22210
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 8:30 AM

Anthony Dowden:
Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique Challenges of Pastoral Ministry

I've just checked and I can see "Dangerous Calling" on my desktop so it's not a general resource problem.

I can also see it in the Logos app on my iPad.

Posts 22210
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 8:31 AM

Anthony Dowden:
For your info the books I ordered show up on the orders listed in My Account when I sign in to Logos on my laptop using Windows 10, but they have neveer downloaded

What happens if you enter the command "update resources" on your Windows 10 laptop?

Posts 4
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 8:46 AM

HI Graham,

It just come back with a message telling me there aren't any to update.

Tony

Posts 27960
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 9:56 AM

You may need to contact FL by phone. 

Which specific version of L7 are you running? Which specific OS? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 10:20 AM

Hi,

Problem solved.

Logos support have now got back to me after investigating. It appears that somehow or other I used a different email address to order the books. Any way they are now sorting it out for me.

So all my silly fault (as it usually is).

Thanks for all your help folks.

Tony Dowden

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS