Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Carlos Abraham Reyes | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2018 10:23 PM

I downloaded the logos 7 on my Mac Pro that I just bought and when I click on the icon it only bounces a few times and it freezes the computer, but nothing happens, the logo program just won't open.

Posts 27559
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 10:40 PM
Welcome! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied Are you new to macOS? I have heard of this several times recently by new Mac users... I guess there must be something being done differently than normally would be done.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2018 11:47 PM

Carlos Abraham Reyes:

I downloaded the logos 7 on my Mac Pro that I just bought and when I click on the icon it only bounces a few times and it freezes the computer, but nothing happens, the logo program just won't open.

Greetings Carlos and welcome to the forums. I hope we, or Faithlife can get you sorted out.

Might I suggest that you try opening Logos from 'Launchpad'.

If that is unsuccessful there is a link in JT and my signature for collecting logs. I would be helpful if you would follow those instructions and post your logs in this thread.

Posts 117
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2018 12:26 AM

I too use a MacBook Pro and at various times have had Logos freeze up on me (to the point where it doesn't open). The solution that works for me, is to just reinstall the program. It is time consuming, but seems to be the most effective way of fixing the problem. 

Posts 6
Carlos Abraham Reyes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2018 12:39 AM

5826.Console Message.log

The logos program is not freezing up on me. I just bought a brand new Mac and tried to install the program for the first time. So the program is not even opening at all. It just gets stock on the flashing icon after I try to open it. 

I had logos for about a year in my other computer, which is not a Mac. It worked find on that computer, the program still is loaded on that one but its not running. 
Posts 6
Carlos Abraham Reyes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2018 12:42 AM

By the way, I did try the launchpad with no luck

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2018 1:15 AM

Carlos Abraham Reyes:

By the way, I did try the launchpad with no luck

That establishes that Logos has installed on the computer.

and I take it that it also appears in the applications folder?

Please follow the link in my signature and install the Logos Logging Utility then upload the complete zip folder that should appear on your desktop once you run the utility.

Posts 6
Carlos Abraham Reyes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2018 7:03 AM

7827.LogosLogs.carlosreyes.20180728-001351.zip

I does appear in the application folder 

Posts 6
Carlos Abraham Reyes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2018 10:04 AM
Thank you guys for your help, I called technical support, the fix was extremely easy. After downloading logos all I had to do is drag the logos icon into the folder icon. And my initial problem was that I was just clicking on it. That's all it was, I was able to log in after that.
Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2018 11:48 AM

Carlos Abraham Reyes:
Thank you guys for your help, I called technical support, the fix was extremely easy. After downloading logos all I had to do is drag the logos icon into the folder icon. And my initial problem was that I was just clicking on it. That's all it was, I was able to log in after that.

Glad that you got it solved. That, the dragging to the applications folder, is the standard way to install downloaded applications to a mac. The knowledge will stand you in good stead.

I must admit that I am surprised that the Mac froze due the clicking. That is atypical.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other problems with Logos (or even with the change to Mac).

In future though remember a descriptive thread title is helpful and almost certainly (if it is a logos bug) the first thing you will be asked to do is upload logs, so you can forestall that request and be ahead of the game.

Posts 27559
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2018 3:13 PM

Carlos Abraham Reyes:
Thank you guys for your help, I called technical support, the fix was extremely easy. After downloading logos all I had to do is drag the logos icon into the folder icon.

There have been a number of users with this issue... I think I asked above, but are you new to Mac? This is the standard means of installing software, so I am curious if there are more users who are unfamiliar with the basics of macOS. 

Posts 6
Carlos Abraham Reyes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 28 2018 4:32 PM
Yes, I am new to Mac and I think you are right, maybe these other users are having the same problem because they are making the same simple mistake as I did.
Posts 27559
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 7:44 PM

Thanks!  Glad to have you on the Mac team! Smile

Posts 17909
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 10:21 AM

Carlos Abraham Reyes:
Yes, I am new to Mac and I think you are right, maybe these other users are having the same problem because they are making the same simple mistake as I did.

Welcome Big Smile

Concur a number of new Mac users have experienced this install crash so Logos Wiki page OS X Troubleshooting includes => Installing Logos for Mac

Faithlife Logos 7 Install textual directions lacks dragging Logos Bible Software 7 from downloaded disk image to desired folder: e.g. Applications
Older Logos 6 install for Mac page includes video showing application dragging and dropping.

Personally dreaming of Faithlife (FL) modifying macOS applications to detect launch from temporary mount point followed by displaying user friendly message about drag and drop being needed. Awesome would be opening Logos 6 install for Mac page in default browser.

Technical crash cause: trying to set Indexer directory using a temporary mount point failed.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS