Would FL....?

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8012
LogosEmployee

Beloved:

A recent thread gave me the idea to request a method by which we could formulate a Search that returned hits along with a summary of the relevant content of books that were NOT currently in you're library. This would alert the researcher to resources that may be of interest for possible purchase currently or in the future. I'm not sure of the feasibility or even the novelty of this idea, but I thought I give it a go.

Displaying search results from books not in your library next to a big “Buy Now!” button is definitely something we have considered implementing. Big Smile

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2018 10:43 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Displaying search results from books not in your library next to a big “Buy Now!” button is definitely something we have considered implementing. Big Smile

LOL! Go ahead now don't get shy now tell us who shot it down? Geeked

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 26518
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 12:44 AM

IIRC the Logos version (not Verbum which I'm running at the moment) has a buy-it section in the Passage Guide which was not terribly well received ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 7:55 AM

MJ. Smith:

IIRC the Logos version (not Verbum which I'm running at the moment) has a buy-it section in the Passage Guide which was not terribly well received ...

The feature is called Bookstore and is an obvious marketing scheme. My idea would be search driven and return relevant content so that the evaluator can see specifically how useful the resource is relative to their query.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 8:34 AM

Beloved:

The feature is called Bookstore and is an obvious marketing scheme. My idea would be search driven and return relevant content so that the evaluator can see specifically how useful the resource is relative to their query.

I think a good example is Olivetree. At first, they were a Bible study operation. An app. A website. Accordance and Laridian still are that way. And both have fairly aggressive email operations, couched in affordability and Bible Study. Not unpleasant.

Then Zondervan bought Olivetree. At first a bit of nice new features. Then quiet access to a store. Now, if you download, it's Bible study at Walmart. Self-checkout too, but no cash back. Maybe a future enhancement. You can shut most of it off. Not all.  There's the handy shopping cart (happily shop while Pastor Bob explains sanctification details). And featured sales (paid by publishers?).

Beloved's idea is very much needed ... Logos carot-talents are hopelessly inept (contra days past).

The problem is that marketers have no sense of customers. Ironically. Push, until anger. I was reading an article on auto-play videos. Hated by most. Marketers think, oh wow, it works! Money.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 9:54 AM

Denise:
Beloved's idea is very much needed ... Logos carot-talents are hopelessly inept (contra days past).

Appreciate your analysis. I see its strengths being a goal-directed and customer-led retrieval of information.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS