Why So Expensive?

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 479
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2020 9:28 AM

I guess it depends on what you want. If someone just wants an electronic Bible with search function, it might not be worth it.

Personally, I find the ability to cross reference to be invaluable in chasing down the depths of a topic. This might depend on the  needs pf the user and approach of the denomination one belongs to (So, for a personal example, as a Catholic, I find tracing down previous Church documents on a subject to be much easier here than other software I used). Also, the search functions allow a lot of insights into what theologians of different denominations think on a topic so I don't misinterpret them.

I imagine people with knowledge of the Biblical languages get even more use out of it than I do.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM || iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum, Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite. | Silver: Ordinariate. Anglican | Bronze: Standard, Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 2539
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 20 2020 10:01 AM

Even if you just want an electronic Bible, I don't think it's expensive. L8 Basic is free, and you most likely get your favourite Bible for $9.99. Of course, that's likely more than a paperback version or a Kindle edition, but you do get a lot more for your buck, and even many reverse interlinears are included in free Basic.

And even if $9.99 is beyond affordability for some, they could just wait for their next birthday, and get their two favourite Bibles for free.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS