How do YOU use your notes?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 203
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 3 2018 10:35 AM

I have long had separate notes for most writings (e.g. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John). Is it feasible to combine these as I often find I want to add a note and then must go find the note to open it first. For example, I am teaching on Sermon on the Mount from Matthew. My note for MATTHEW is open but I wanted to deal with the difference between Jesus saying turn the other cheek (Matt 5) and Jesus demanding an account for being hit (Jn.18:22-23). When I want to put a note in the JOHN passage, I must go find it in my documents.

What would be the positives/negatives to having ONE NOTE DOCUMENT for a personal commentary for ALL NT/OT/entire Bible?

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 11:17 AM

I wouldn't recommend taking the time to rearrange how your existing notes are organized.

A new notes system has been in development, and is being rolled out over the next six months (and existing notes are getting migrated to it). The new notes tool will eventually replace the current notes system (which makes use of note documents) early next year, Lord willing.

In the meantime, you can keep multiple notes documents open as a workaround, then choose which open document you want to use for your new note via the right-click context menu.

Jackie Watts:
What would be the positives/negatives to having ONE NOTE DOCUMENT for a personal commentary for ALL NT/OT/entire Bible?

It's going to be different with the new notes system, but one present disadvantage now would be performance, if you have a very large number of notes in a single document.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS