Surface Go and Logos

Page 2 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 70 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 2554
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 8:16 AM

Thanks, Grande Graham!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1975
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 8:27 AM

Beloved:
my model does indeed have a slot

Beloved,

As a Surface Pro user myself, I have found that moving most of my OTHER data to the SD card allows me to keep Logos on the SSD, which increases performance (since my other programs are not as resource intensive as Logos is). --Just a suggestion that may help you get a little more life out of your current machine that isn't THAT old.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2554
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 9:29 AM

David Thomas:

Beloved:
my model does indeed have a slot

Beloved,

As a Surface Pro user myself, I have found that moving most of my OTHER data to the SD card allows me to keep Logos on the SSD, which increases performance (since my other programs are not as resource intensive as Logos is). --Just a suggestion that may help you get a little more life out of your current machine that isn't THAT old.

Excellent suggestion and not one I thought of solves the implied performance issue. Thank you very much David! My sd card should arrive Saturday.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 836
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 12:39 PM

Jadrian Haywood:

Actually, this is a great question Bill and yes I did take it out of S mode. I do not believe I would have been able to download it in s mode.

Jadrian, I am just checking back to see if you were able to determine the problem with your installation.

Posts 6
Jadrian Haywood | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 7 2018 10:04 PM

Yes! I am not sure what exactly the issue was but I was able to install the program today. It is not performing very well though so I will not be able to load many programs while using logos. 

Posts 2554
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 8 2018 2:52 PM

I got my micro sd card but I've encountered some problems. I moved OneDrive, Documents and Downloads to the card I get an Error notice when I try to move my Music files to the card. My Printscrn key no longer functions so I had to employ a work around. I'm uncertain that Logos has not been effected by the changes I made. Need advice.

Posts 2554
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 1:22 PM

I've looked for help on line but I'm getting no where. Thanks for your guidance.

Posts 8197
LogosEmployee

Beloved:
I get an Error notice when I try to move my Music files to the card

The folder/file name in the screenshot looks very long; just a guess, but it's possible you might be running into a limitation on file name length in whatever filesystem the microSD card is formatted with.

If my guess is right, you may be able to work around the problem by renaming some of the files/folders to make the name shorter. You may need to do this in whatever program you use to organise your music library so that it doesn't get out-of-sync with the files.

Posts 8197
LogosEmployee

David Thomas:
As a Surface Pro user myself, I have found that moving most of my OTHER data to the SD card allows me to keep Logos on the SSD, which increases performance (since my other programs are not as resource intensive as Logos is).

Also, we only support Logos when it is installed on an internal drive, not on a removable card: https://www.logos.com/system-requirements 

We have that there is a much higher incidence of crashes, corrupted data, and poor performance when an external SD card is used.

Posts 354
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 2:47 PM

Beloved:

I've looked for help on line but I'm getting no where. Thanks for your guidance.

I have seen similar message trying to move files/folders (even with Windows Explorer) when the new Ransomware Controlled Folder Protection is turned on.

You could see if it is on and then disable it temporarily in Windows Defender Security Center > Virus and threat protection > Ransomware Protection...then retry.

Posts 2554
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 3:42 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Beloved:
I get an Error notice when I try to move my Music files to the card

The folder/file name in the screenshot looks very long; just a guess, but it's possible you might be running into a limitation on file name length in whatever filesystem the microSD card is formatted with.

If my guess is right, you may be able to work around the problem by renaming some of the files/folders to make the name shorter. You may need to do this in whatever program you use to organise your music library so that it doesn't get out-of-sync with the files.

The file name is Music. I don't know why it is reading contents of the file as the file name. Thanks for your help Bradley.

Posts 2554
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 3:46 PM

SeeHisFace:

I have seen similar message trying to move files/folders (even with Windows Explorer) when the new Ransomware Controlled Folder Protection is turned on.

You could see if it is on and then disable it temporarily in Windows Defender Security Center > Virus and threat protection > Ransomware Protection...then retry.

Hi SeeHisFace,

Would provide a screenshot of what I am to disable? Thanks!

Posts 354
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 3:52 PM

Sure...here you go...try disable this while moving folder....could be the problem.

Posts 2554
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 4:09 PM

SeeHisFace:

Sure...here you go...try disable this while moving folder....could be the problem.

McAfee is my antivirus program. I don't have the screen your showing, What I see is below.

Posts 354
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 4:14 PM

Can you scroll down below 'Virus & threat protection updates'. The Ransomware protection section is below that on mine, I click on that.

Sorry I must go sleep now. Hoping it works for you.

Posts 354
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 4:17 PM

Posts 2554
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 12:43 PM

SeeHisFace:

I found it; Thank you, but it had no effect on my issue. I'm still hobbled.

Posts 836
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 1:27 PM

Beloved, I know you have a specific need to fix on your Surface Pro. Please start your own thread so that this thread on the Surface Go may be useful to people inquiring about the Surface Go.

Posts 6
Thomas Sipe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 10:05 AM

Im contemplating the SurfaceGo. How readable is the text without an external monitor? I would think the text would be too tiny. I currently use an iPad Pro and while the logos app is obviously limited feature-wise compared to the the full version, it was designed for a tablet and the text is very readable. Applications like the full version of Logos are usually designed to be used on bigger monitors and trying to fit it into a 10” screen seems like it would almost make it unreadable (at least for my older eyes). 

Posts 836
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 10:25 AM

Thomas,

Just like on the desktop version of Logos, you can increase the font size of the resources. Also, within Windows you can increase the scaling of the fonts to make the fonts larger system-wide.

Page 2 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS