Surface Go and Logos

Page 4 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 70 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 59
Chris Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 1:14 PM

I have the 128/8 and couldn‘t be happier. 

Posts 836
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 2:12 PM

Chris Gardner:

I have the 128/8 version and have 56,000 resources on it. Couldn’t be happier. 

Chris, I'm curious how much space your Logos folder takes up on your SG 8GB/128GB.

Posts 59
Chris Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 3:06 PM

I run it off the SD card. 

Posts 59
Chris Gardner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2019 3:06 PM

But my initial download is a little over 80 gigs if that gives you any idea. 

Posts 245
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 5:11 AM

Chris Gardner:

I run it off the SD card. 

Sounds like SD performance is good, I took a different approach and have been controlling the size of my library on the Surface GO so fa I have downloaded 565 out of a possible 14,877 (which I knew would not fit on the available space on the 128GB SSD).

For me the Surface GO is a good, and reasonably low risk, excuse to get involved with the beta again

Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2019 11:01 AM

I think I will stay with my older surface pro 3 for now.  Bill it all sounds slow and complicated on the new smaller go.

Posts 1
Jessie Perdido | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 9:10 PM

Hello Bill thanks for the info, I'm planning to buy the Surface Go and I've just one question, is it possible when after installing the logos app, that I can go back to S mode? Will my installed logos app run on it?

Posts 836
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 8:56 AM

Jessie Perdido:

Hello Bill thanks for the info, I'm planning to buy the Surface Go and I've just one question, is it possible when after installing the logos app, that I can go back to S mode? Will my installed logos app run on it?

Jessie, my understanding is that you can’t switch out of S mode for the Logos app and switch back for other apps. It’s all or nothing and once you switch out of S mode you can’t switch back. Someone can correct me if I’m off base on this. 

Posts 1
Felipe Moreira Eler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2020 5:10 PM

Hello Chris, could you please give us a tutorial of how to transfer the library from the main storage to the external storage?

Thank you.

Posts 25584
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2020 8:01 AM

Felipe Moreira Eler:

Hello Chris, could you please give us a tutorial of how to transfer the library from the main storage to the external storage?

Running Logos from an SD card (or removable drive) is NOT supported by Faithlife, especially as you can install a smaller library on main storage. When you run the installer, you can choose a Recommended download or Everything. My recommended installation uses 13 GB with 467 resources (out of 2234) on the drive.

You don't need to do this if all resources are on the drive, and you have Logos 8.4 or higher - you can Remove resources from Library to get more free space on the drive.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3
Glen Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2020 6:14 AM

Is anyone using the Surface Go in Tablet mode also - with Logos?   Or using it to preach from?  I would like to display my sermon on it.

Thanks for your input.

Glen

Page 4 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS