Logos Software Functions

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 94
Nicky | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 17 2010 7:33 AM

I was surprised to find out that depending on which package version you buy determines which functions you get within the Logos software?

I assumed, as I am sure many other have before me, that the software functions would be the same for each package you purchase and the price difference was based on the resources you wanted to use??

Whilst trying to learn how to get the best out of Logos, I watched some of the video tutorials only to find that I cannot use some of the functions??

Why is this not disclosed properly when you check out the differences regarding what you get for the price you pay?

I do feel like I have been cheated a bit, I would have much prefered to have known which functions were available with each package rather than purchasing a package only to find that some of the software functions are limited!

Is there anywhere which states the different functions that work for each package? I was tempted to upgrade my package, but then again, without knowing which functions will work and which will not, I have decided not to run the risk of being disapointed again.

Posts 3693
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 7:37 AM

Can you give some examples?  Some of what you describe would be a function of what resources you own.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 7:39 AM

Nicola Bullimore:
Is there anywhere which states the different functions that work for each package? I was tempted to upgrade my package, but then again, without knowing which functions will work and which will not, I have decided not to run the risk of being disapointed again.

See the last section ("Features and Databases") in the comparison chart: http://www.logos.com/comparison

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 94
Nicky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 7:42 AM

Hi Floyd

Functions such as Text comparisons and Highlighting for text replacement.

Realising that these function differenty for each package has made me wonder what other areas within the software function differently.. they are all areas of study to make things work alot faster, but it is disapointing when you are not told upfront that some functions are limit between packages.

I would like to see the differences listed within each package so you know exactly what you are and are not getting for your money. It just seems a little mis-leading for me at the moment.

Posts 94
Nicky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 7:48 AM

Yowzers.. I must have looked at that page a ton of times and I never spotted that! I just assumed it was more books so only scanned over it!

So I guess I should just walk away with my head hung in shame Embarrassed

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 7:55 AM

Nicola Bullimore:
So I guess I should just walk away with my head hung in shame

Do neither.

It's a shame when people make a mistake and won't admit it. It's a shame when, to avoid embarrassment, people stick to their original assumptions, rather than change them. It's a shame when folks blame others for their oversight.

It's not a shame to recognize and state that your assumption is mistaken, in the same place you stated the original assumption. If anything, it's admirable. I tip my hat to you.

Welcome to the forums. Please stick around.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 8:03 AM

Nicola Bullimore:
I do feel like I have been cheated a bit, I would have much prefered to have known which functions were available with each package rather than purchasing a package only to find that some of the software functions are limited!

Logos has continually demonstrated a willingness to work with customers, including a rather generous refund policy. If you decide you need to return the software, or should have purchased a different package, just contact Logos Support and I'm sure they'll work with you.

Posts 94
Nicky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 8:09 AM

Thanks Chris, but I have realised it was my mistake.. all the information was there but I didn't see it and assumed it was more books etc in the comparison chart so only scanned over it.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 8:10 AM

Chris Roberts:

Nicola Bullimore:

Logos has continually demonstrated a willingness to work with customers, including a rather generous refund policy. If you decide you need to return the software, or should have purchased a different package, just contact Logos Support and I'm sure they'll work with you.

Yep.  I had a friend who bought the Scholar's library, then downgraded to the Bible Study Library because he thought he wouldn't use the language tools, then decided that Scholar's was right after all and upgraded back to it.  It doesn't matter who's fault it is--Logos will work for your satisfaction.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 94
Nicky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 10:05 AM

Thanks Richard for easing my embarrassment .. lol

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS