Include a particular book search automatically in Topical search

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Clinton Jung | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 15 2018 8:57 AM

Hello, how do I ensure that a particular book is included in my Topical searches?

Posts 28357
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 10:13 AM

Welcome to the forums! Smile

Clinton Jung:

Hello, how do I ensure that a particular book is included in my Topical searches?

I assume you mean that you want to see a particular book resource in a Topic Guide? The answer is that the book should appear if the following criteria are met: 

• The resource is tagged for topics
  • The given topic is found within the resource

Do you have a specific example of a resource and topic? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Clinton Jung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 11:19 AM
Topic: sanctification  Book: vines dictionary I tagged the dictionary as “encyclopedia” like the others but still doesn’t seem to get pulled in 
Posts 28357
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 12:32 PM

This thread may be informative: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/101656.aspx 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25731
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 2:49 PM

Clinton Jung:
Topic: sanctification  Book: vines dictionary I tagged the dictionary as “encyclopedia” like the others but still doesn’t seem to get pulled in 

Topic Guide mainly uses resources of Type Encyclopedia and Bible Concordance, but they have to be tagged (LCV) by Faithlife. LCV enables articles with different names to be recognised as one topic e.g. sanctification, consecration. You can't achieve this with your own tags.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29089
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 3:55 PM

Dave Hooton:
You can't achieve this with your own tags.

Community tags achieves this for searching on the topics. Does the topic Guide have the option of a Community tags section?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25731
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 16 2018 3:30 PM

MJ. Smith:
Does the topic Guide have the option of a Community tags section?

Topic Guide does not, but Factbook does. The two on Sanctification are an unhappy selection from "give a man a gold mine", in Systematic Theology (Strong).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS