Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Jeffery Archie | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:23 PM

I have been trying to discover how to create a list of all the proper names in the book of Acts. I want to a character listing as part of a student reference. Is this possible? I have Logos 7.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:52 PM

Hi Jeffery - and welcome to the forums.

Jeffery Archie:
I have been trying to discover how to create a list of all the proper names in the book of Acts. I want to a character listing as part of a student reference. Is this possible? I have Logos 7.

Some options:

Use "Louw-Nida" searching for domains. As you can see in the screenshot the domain for proper names of people is 93.1-93.388 and searching for that gives you all the people.

But extracting this to a usable form takes a bit of work.

You could use the Explorer Tool for the book of Acts and look at the Biblical People section. Right-clicking and selecting Copy will give you the last which you can then paste into a word processor

The Concordance Tool - if you have it - provides another option.

Using Print / Export from the panel icon you can save these results to an Excel file and then process.

Hope this options give you somewhere to start.

Please post back if you have any problems with any of them

Graham

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2018 2:27 PM

Graham Criddle:

But extracting this to a usable form takes a bit of work.

Can you use the Results section of the Analysis view?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2018 3:26 PM

Beloved:
Can you use the Results section of the Analysis view?

Sort of.

That section - and particularly if you group by Result - gives you a view of the answer.

But when you export it you get all of the columns in a spreadsheet and you then need to do a bit more work in terms of extracting the information required.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2018 3:46 PM

Thanks, Graham

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS