Okay, the Search has defeated me ...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 26 2018 5:31 PM

I am trying to find Biblical characters who have multiple names either within the Bible or between translations - something along the lines of this example for "Ammon/Bennami: <person Ammon> ANDNOT Ammon" 

Note "Ammon  WITHIN 1 WORD <person Benammi>" works but it requires that I know both names. I want a search that works with only one name known 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 8:43 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Note: search <Person Ammon> finds nothing.

That is to be expected as Ammon comes from the LXX and Faithlife uses the Hebrew for their Factbook entry ... I think. I'm trying to find other examples concentrating on individual people. Thanks for looking further into this.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 17911
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 9:49 PM

MJ. Smith:
something along the lines of this example for "Ammon/Bennami: <person Ammon> ANDNOT Ammon" 

ANDNOT search boundary is verses in Bible Search and Chapters in Basic Search (can exclude different words within search boundary). In contrast, NOT INTERSECTS finds where search terms do not over lap.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS