What's wrong with this layout?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 394
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 29 2018 12:25 AM

I am consistently having problems with the layout in the picture below. It is painfully and intolerably slow, and constantly freezes and hangs. The problem is occurring on two separate computers, Logos has been restarted many times since I created the layout, and all my other layouts (some with many more open resources than this one) are working just fine.

Is there something about passage lists that cause Logos to hang? There are currently six open in this layout; however, up until yesterday there were only three.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 1:39 AM

There's nothing obviously wrong. The usual suspects are visual filters and linked Guides/Info panel.

From what I can see, the most likely scenario is that the passage list is displaying information from a collection, which I guess may slow things down if the collection is very large. I've not tested that scenario.

It's also possible the layout has been corrupted in some way. It might be worth recreating it to see if the problem persists.

Or post logs which might help diagnose this, of course.

Posts 394
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 4:53 AM

Okay, I'll try rebuilding it later.

Here are my log files for now. 2425.Logos Log Files.zip

Logos Bible Software 7.17

Posts 764
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 8:18 AM

Imagine that you have a short, speedy train. Then you make one change that connects a long, slow train. Can you remember which three changes you made recently?

Posts 394
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 8:37 AM

But that's the point, the lag has been from the first day when I set up most of the layout.

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee

The log files are from April, so they don't show anything relevant to the problem.

Please try using the Profiling Tool to diagnose performance issues: https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Windows_Profiler_Utility 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS