Slow Indexing

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1836
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 2 2018 9:00 AM

1832.Logos Log Files.zip

Indexing has been extremely slow.   Indexing has been going on since about 7pm (Saturday Evening) and right now has completed 9% (Sunday 11:59 am  EST).

Log files are attached.

Running 7.17

Let me know if you need any more information.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 1:40 AM

There is no log for the Indexer. I suggest you exit Logos, and kill the indexer in Task Manager.

Delete the folder C:\Users\Kenneth G Neighoff\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\4zrmlayo.txt\LibraryIndex\.

Then restart Logos whilst holding the CTRL key. Login and the Indexer should start.Upload logs when if it is taking too long.

Tell us about your computer and how many resources in Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1836
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 8:10 AM

Dave Hooton:

There is no log for the Indexer. I suggest you exit Logos, and kill the indexer in Task Manager.

Delete the folder C:\Users\Kenneth G Neighoff\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\4zrmlayo.txt\LibraryIndex\.

Then restart Logos whilst holding the CTRL key. Login and the Indexer should start.Upload logs when if it is taking too long.

Tell us about your computer and how many resources in Logos.

Dave, 

Thanks for your help.

Here are the new log files.    Deleting that folder worked.   Indexing is happening as is should.  Maybe you can tell from the logs what caused the problem. 2402.Logos Log Files (2).zip

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 3:01 PM

The usual problem is a corrupt Library Index, so I thought it would save time to delete it.

I would like to know about your computer as the logs indicate it could be slow or congested. CPU? How much RAM? 64-bit/32-bit? HDD/SSD and capacity? How much free disk space?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1836
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 4:12 PM

Dave Hooton:

The usual problem is a corrupt Library Index, so I thought it would save time to delete it.

I would like to know about your computer as the logs indicate it could be slow or congested. CPU? How much RAM? 64-bit/32-bit? HDD/SSD and capacity? How much free disk space?

CPU- Intel i5 2.40 GHz

Ram- 8gb

64-bit

HHD- 500GB

Free Space- 80 GB

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2018 12:34 AM

Can't say there is anything 'slow' about that! It might be related to the enormous number of resources, so I hope that indexing completed OK!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS