Have to open a document to add a note?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 13
Carrie Kargel | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 3 2018 4:31 PM

I'm sure this has been addressed, but the search function in the forum isn't working for me right now:

It appears that, as I'm reading the Bible, if I want to add a passage to one of my documents, I have to go to "Documents" at the top of the app, find that document, open it, and THEN right-clicking on the selection will cause the option, "Add a note to ____," to appear.

As I'm reading the Bible, I'd rather not have all of my documents open at once in order to add to them.

For example, when reading, "And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell," I may want to add this reference to documents called, "Swear," "Heaven," "earth," and "wife."

The next verses have words like, "Follow," "Beware," "Seed," "Kindness,"....

I have so many topical documents. It would be impossible to keep them all open, and is a pain to open and close the various topics as I go.

Is there an easier way?

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 11:16 PM

With the current Notes system there isnt any real alternative to what you are doing.

With the new Notes system - currently in beta- there may be a different way of doing this.

It sounds as though you are adding the same note / reference to multiple notes documents. Is that right?

If so, under the new system you might want to apply multiple tags to a note instead and you can then filter based on those tags.

Does that sound as though it might help and give you what you want?

Posts 13
Carrie Kargel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2018 1:27 AM

That sounds wonderful!

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2018 2:03 AM

Carrie Kargel:

That sounds wonderful!

Excellent

To illustrate how it would work.

Select the verse you are interested in and click "Add Note"

This creates a note in the new Notes Tool

Then start adding tags in the field at the bottom right

When you have added each of them in turn you have a number of tags associated with the note and these are also shown in the tags facet on the left

Clicking one of the tags in the "facet browser" just shows notes with that tag

As I said this is in beta at the moment and not sure when it will be released to the stable channel. It doesn't yet support all of the current notes system functionality.

Posts 13
Carrie Kargel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 10:21 PM

How can a person become a beta tester?

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 11:19 PM

Carrie Kargel:

How can a person become a beta tester?

Details are at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/159247.aspx 

But please note the caveats there about beta software - although some of them no longer apply.

But any notes you create in the Notes Tool won't appear in the current versions of mobile apps - so please be aware of that if this is important to you.

Posts 1
Ian Davies | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 7:36 AM

That sounds great! Will it be coming to the mobile app too? I have used OkiveTree for years and am switching to Logos. The major thing missing for me is tags which I use a lot. 

Posts 24689
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 2:18 PM

Ian Davies:
Will it be coming to the mobile app too?

Yes. But don't ask 'when'!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS