Psalms Explorer problem - no text

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Carl Hubbard | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 3 2018 7:33 PM

Running Logos 7.17 full feature set on a Mac. I have all the relevant tools for Psalms Explorer to work, which it did at one time.

Upon opening the Explorer or pointing it to a specific psalm, the window displays options for Hebrew, Paralellism, and Structure, but there is no text in the right hand window. The left tells me I can go back, gives the Genre, Book, Attribution, Structure, and Themes. I can select to display Hebrew, Parallelism, or Structure, but selecting or de-selecting changes nothing; still no text, no nothing in the right hand window where I would normally see the Psalm and the information about it.

Ideas to fix?

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee

The Psalms Explorer requires the LHB in order to show psalm text, because it's aligned to the LHB. (This is mentioned at https://www.logos.com/product/45685/psalms-explorer.)

If you don't have the LHB the page for an individual psalm will be blank.

Posts 4
Carl Hubbard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2018 10:48 AM

The LHB is necessary for some of the functionality in Psalms explorer.  The problem is not with a display  of the Hebrew text but with any text at all.  On my Win 10 PC, the Psalms Explorer works fine. On the Mac where I do most of my study, it is useless right now while with the tools that I have, it should at least me moderately functional. Given that we're teaching in the Psalms right now, it would be nice if it worked.

Posts 17956
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 5 2018 6:04 AM

Carl Hubbard:
On the Mac where I do most of my study, it is useless right now while with the tools that I have, it should at least me moderately functional.

Curious which Psalms have no text display ? Humanly curious if Log files have intriguing message(s) ?

Apologies since unable to replicate using Logos 7.17 (7.17.0.0020) on macOS 10.13.6

FYI: personally have font SBL BibLit installed in macOS Fonts for user, which allows font to be used in Logos (Hebrew & Greek) and Word.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4
Carl Hubbard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 5 2018 4:24 PM

It is not particular as to which psalm; it shows nothing on any number I put in or any bible I click from the overview.

In comparison with your screen shot, I have everything you show on the far left column, and nothing to the right except for the titles - Psalm #, Hebrew, Parallelism, Structure.  Below each of those heading is blank, white space.  Clicking on the column heading changes nothing. 

I'd be happy to upload a log file if I could find it. The directions in the help file point to a folder that doesn't exist.

Posts 17956
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 5 2018 7:50 PM

Carl Hubbard:
I'd be happy to upload a log file if I could find it.

Logos Logging Utility is useful for enabling diagnostic logging plus creating zip file => https://www.logos.com/support/mac/report-problem

For this Psalms Explorer issue, please reply to this thread for attaching zip file.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4
Carl Hubbard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 7:51 AM

0458.LogosLogs.Rowdy.20180906-094746.zip

As you wish.  Thank you for the direction.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS