Batch adding labels to existing highlighting notes via editing pallet styles.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
John Felix | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 10 2018 9:40 AM

Before I was proficient enough to use Labels, I created various Palettes in the Highlighting tool, and stored highlighted text of various pallet styles of the AFAT resource into palette-specific Note files. Once I realized the usefulness of labels, I edited the pallet styles in use and added labels to each of the pallet styles.

However, the highlighted text already stored in various note files did not "inherit" the labels, thus the pallet-specific notes files created do not automatically update with these newly added labels. New notes have the label attached as expected, but the existing notes do not. It seems as though I would have to anually add a label to each note in the notes files to attach the label to the highlighted text in AFAT, as I show below for the first instance.

I thought perhaps re-styling would work, but it seemed only to re-style the visual aspects, as labels seem to be considered a different kind of entity.

Does anyone know of a way to batch change all the previous highlights to incorporate the new pallet style labels?

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 6:23 PM

John Felix:
Does anyone know of a way to batch change all the previous highlights to incorporate the new pallet style labels?

No!

John Felix:
However, the highlighted text already stored in various note files did not "inherit" the labels, thus the pallet-specific notes files created do not automatically update with these newly added labels

It was not assumed (by Faithlife) that the same Label attributes are meant to be applied to each highlight. If you intended the highlighting style to have  fixed label attributes/values, then the style name could reflect that intent, and you can search using  {Highlight P Source} --> because I note that you have not ticked "Prompt to enter attributes". Otherwise, your search would be {Label P}.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
John Felix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 6:39 PM

Thank you very much for your "No!" and that saves me a great deal of experimenting with various techniques.

Your suggestion to search by highlighting itself is definitely workable for my purposes.

Much obliged!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS