Lost Search functionality

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 216
Tim | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 13 2018 2:27 PM

I'm not sure when this disappeared but I am frustrated by the (to me at least) dramatic loss of search functionality. I do a basic search through a collection, in today's case Searching through a set of Academic Journals searching for <bible subset Rev 7::4-8> AND Dan. When sorting by count, the first result had 25 results, Fantastic. But then when I go to the resource pane to use the arrow to quickly skip through the different results I cant because apparently Logos 7 doesn't do that any more. WHY? Instead I get a drop down arrow that shows my previous (nonexistent) history of clicking on that link (???) and a history arrow that lets me go back and a forward history arrow that presumably lets me go forward in history. Now I am left manually scrolling through the resource and hoping that they aren't scattered too far apart! Please please restore the functionality that we used to have here!

BTW, I tried to search the forums to see if anybody else had a similar concern but the forum search engine failed when I tried "Search result", which is probably a bad choice in query terms but for the life of me I couldn't think what else to call this. 

7.17.0.0020; Logos 7 full feature set

Mac Os 10.11.6

**Edited to include version info etc**

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

The control you're looking for is on the "Locator Bar", which is hidden in your screenshot. Turn that back on (from the resource panel menu, or press Shift+Cmd+L) and you can change to navigating by search result.

Posts 216
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 4:51 PM

Thanks Bradley. I use that feature so frequently that I have had it on so long that I forgot it was possible to turn it off!

**edit: spelling. (Now can I just turn off my browser's autocorrect?)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS