Personal Book - Warnings

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5
Christopher Peck | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 19 2018 12:17 PM

Does anyone know how to fix these six warnings and one error when compiling a personal book?

[Warning] empty style for name D9_Normal
[Warning] empty style for name D9_DefaultParagraphFont
[Warning] empty style for name D9_TableNormal
[Warning] empty style for name D9_NoList
[Warning] empty style for name D9_HeaderChar
[Warning] empty style for name D9_FooterChar

[Error] Font 'Cambria' is not a valid font for use in resources.

Thanks for any info you can give.

-Chris

Posts 5
Christopher Peck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 19 2018 2:13 PM

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to open the Styles Pane and update my "Normal" header to an acceptable font.  I used Times New Roman. (since I can't figure out how to delete my previous post, I thought I'd answer it for anyone who comes across it in the future.)

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2018 8:32 AM

Thanks for this . Quite often the warnings don't seem to do anything too dramatic to the final book but the error would stop it. Thanks for letting me know what happened and how you corrected it. i build quite a few books so it will be useful in the future. 

Posts 12162
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2018 8:35 AM

Dave Thawley:
Quite often the warnings don't seem to do anything too dramatic to the final book but the error would stop it.

Dave, that probably used to be the case once, but currently it is not a 1:1 relation. The font error fortunately does not stop the build of PBs.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1085
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2018 2:52 PM

Thanks Chris

Posts 177
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2018 2:59 PM

Having problems building this Person Book.  Font is Times New Roman. 1300.New Unger's Bible Handbook Maps.docx

[Info] Starting build for PBB:63f4169daeda42fba244c260a71f378c
[Info] Converting
[Info] Converting C:\Users\John\Desktop\New Unger's Bible Handbook Maps.docx
[Info] Compiling
[Warning] Unable to apply topics to article 'A_UNKNOWN'. Article Length is zero.
[Error] Article 'A_UNKNOWN' has no content; articles cannot be empty.
[Error] The Compile Failed
[Error] Error while building book: Error compiling resource.
[Error] Exception: LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookBuilderException: Error compiling resource.
   at LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookConverter.CompileResource(LicenseManager licenseManager, String manifest, ResourceDocumentData metadata, IPersonalBookBuildLog buildLog, TempFiles tempFiles, IWorkState workState)
   at LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookConverter.<CreatePersonalBookWork>d__2.MoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1.EnumMoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1.EnumMoveNextWithCatch()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkItem.Verify()
   at LDLS4.Panels.PersonalBookBuilderPanel.PersonalBookViewModel.<CreatePersonalBookWork>d__137.MoveNext()

Posts 12162
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 12:45 AM

John,

this is not a font issue, but the "empty paragraph" error. I changed all paragraphs to have a space before (replaced all "^p" by " ^p") and it will compile just fine.

Updated file: 7242.1300.New Unger%27s Bible Handbook Maps.docx

Hope this helps,

Mick

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 1:31 AM

I had a similar problem and in another thread I found this response from Dan Cleghorn which solved my problem.

Dan Cleghorn:

From tech:

We are sorry to hear you are receiving this error when trying to compile your files. This error may be caused by any blank headers that are in the file. To resolve this error, we’ll just need to remove those headers. To do that, just open the file in Word, select the View tab and make sure to put a check in the Navigation Pane box. On the side bar that appears, select Headings and remove any of the blank headers by right-clicking on the blank space and selecting Delete. After all the blank headers are removed, go ahead and try to compile the file again. 

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 1:32 AM

I had a similar problem and in another thread I found this response from Dan Cleghorn which solved my problem.

Dan Cleghorn:

From tech:

We are sorry to hear you are receiving this error when trying to compile your files. This error may be caused by any blank headers that are in the file. To resolve this error, we’ll just need to remove those headers. To do that, just open the file in Word, select the View tab and make sure to put a check in the Navigation Pane box. On the side bar that appears, select Headings and remove any of the blank headers by right-clicking on the blank space and selecting Delete. After all the blank headers are removed, go ahead and try to compile the file again. 

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 1:32 AM

Dan Cleghorn:

From tech:

Posts 177
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 7:01 AM

Thanks Mick! I have a question for you.  When I copy url links to maps or images that have  more than one image on the page, the link jumps to the first image and not the second.  Is there any way to fix that?  In my Doc the map "Extent of Church History by A.D. 100" is off. also "Paul's First Missionary Journey" and others.

Posts 177
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2018 7:05 AM

Thanks Mick!  Question for you.  If I have a link to a map or image that has 2 or more images on the page the link only jumps to the first image.  Is there any way to fix that?  For example Paul's First Missionary Journey and Extent of Christianity by A.D. 100.  

Posts 177
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2018 5:18 AM

Anyone out there that can answer my question?

Posts 12162
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2018 5:37 AM

Ryan:

Dan Cleghorn:

From tech:

Dan's answer is technically correct, but be aware that it is fully manual approach, which is unsuitable for files with several hundred empty paragraphs. Moreover, since paragraph marks in Word contain formatting information, deleting them may cause disruption of the format (such as the styles used etc). I found this to be tedious and error-prone, while a quick insertion of space characters worked well.

Actually I think Logos developers should not have changed the compiler's behavior and should not let "empty paragraphs" break the build. It's only annoying to many users and disturbs their work, so this should be returned to prior behavior.      

Posts 12162
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2018 5:48 AM

John Brumett:

Thanks Mick! I have a question for you.  When I copy url links to maps or images that have  more than one image on the page, the link jumps to the first image and not the second.  Is there any way to fix that?  In my Doc the map "Extent of Church History by A.D. 100" is off. also "Paul's First Missionary Journey" and others.

- sorry for delay, your three posts (and Ryan's three, too) just came up some minutes ago - maybe the spam filter put them into moderation -

This is without testing it, or looking into the precise examples you gave, but I think that you fall victim to a very longstanding bug that the Logos links disregard the "offset" of something on the page. The link goes to the page top (or another link target such as a headword) and it contains the information now to go XYZ lines below for the precise location - which may be many pages away in some instances - but ignores this. If I remember correct, they broke this at some point and never got it fixed. 

I need to play around with this myself, since I seem to remember that sometimes links contain part of the text of the precise target location (maybe when that text was selected before?) and I'm not sure whether in this case Logos ignores it as well, or whether it is able to go to the precise location.   

Maybe @Bradley comes along and can confirm or explain in more detail.

Posts 12162
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2018 6:39 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

exactly what I was thinking of - many thanks!

EDIT: I updated some of the maps (those refererred to above and some others that were off in the NT) - it's difficult to get to a precise location when there are three pictures directly next to another without any text in between - otherwise it works much better with the ctx parameter present.

6165.1300.New Unger%27s Bible Handbook Maps.upd.docx

Posts 7
David Ahlgren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2021 10:20 AM

Has anyone had a [Warning] message with no description?  Here is my complete log file: 

[Info] Starting build for PBB:1ae2cd28cd2d4b96b3cfc7c8bb6d85a3
[Info] Converting
[Info] Converting /Users/da/Desktop/Logos PBB/OT Commentary/D.B.Ahlgren OT Notes.docx
[Info] Compiling
[Warning]
[Info] Discovering
[Info] Complete

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS