Incorrect (fake?) references Lexham resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 265
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 21 2018 5:23 PM

Lexham Press is Faithlife's in-house press, isn't it? If that's the case, I would like to know how to address cases where plain errors are made, with Faithlife.

Here is an example: I highly appreciate the Lexham Bible Dictionary, especially for its references to ancient sources. However, when I checked such a reference today, it did not seem to support the statement made.

The article (on Taxation in the ANE) says: 'Entire tax-farming systems—arrangements in which tax-collecting franchises were auctioned off to the highest bidder—were in place in Greece by the fourth century BC (Aristophanes, Frogs 1063–69).' (URL)

However, if you check the reference to Aristophanes, Frogs, 1063-69, it gives no support to the idea of tax-collecting at all, let alone to the idea that this job would go to the highest bidder.

So, how to address such a non-(fake) info with Faithlife/Lexham?

Posts 26104
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2018 6:07 PM

Welcome to my world of reporting 6 errors/hour when seriously banging on the system. Report them as DATA BUG: [resource name] [description of error]  Or when it fits, use report typo. Despite my frustration, I find similar levels of errors in similar resources. Therefore, I believe it is our responsibility as users, to report each error we find. I wish there was a way for Faithlife to let us know before we report it that it has been reported or identified as erroneous in the original.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 528
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2018 6:17 PM

MJ. Smith:
Therefore, I believe it is our responsibility as users, to report each error we find. I wish there was a way for Faithlife to let us know before we report it that it has been reported or identified as erroneous in the original.

Amen, to both statements...

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 265
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2018 10:17 PM

MJ. Smith:
Report them as DATA BUG: [resource name] [description of error]

Where?

Posts 26104
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2018 10:28 PM

I'd report them in either Logos 7 or Logos 7 desktop beta as we know those are watched well.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS