Add Manual Bibliography Entries

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2959
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 28 2018 8:02 PM

Is it possible to add Bibliography entries to a Bibliography Document that are not within Logos?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 3590
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2018 12:17 AM

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. Something like adding bibliographic entries to a Word document? Where from? Do you mean automatically?

Posts 21528
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2018 12:22 AM

David Taylor Jr:

Is it possible to add Bibliography entries to a Bibliography Document that are not within Logos?

Not as far as I am aware

Posts 2959
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2018 5:47 AM

Francis:

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. Something like adding bibliographic entries to a Word document? Where from? Do you mean automatically?

Kind of like that. But if I am making a bibliography for research that I am doing the tool is kind of pointless if I can only use resources from within Logos itself.

Example: I am currently doing research on the archaeological excavations at Qumran and the Dead Sea Scrolls. However, some of the primary resources for these excavations are not available in Logos and I would like to add them to the Bibliography document.

Yes, I know (and do) you can use software like Mendeley and Endnote. But it would be nice to have this for reference within my primary research software as well.

Graham, thanks, that is unfortunate.

How to upload logs

Posts 3590
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 4:29 AM

While it is not quite what you are asking and I cannot imagine that Logos would ever allow the kind of use I think you suggest, I use the info pane of resource to export bibliographic info to my reference software (in my case, Zotero), import other bibliographic info into it from other sources (google books, library website, worldcat), then export the whole to a Word document. 

Posts 26990
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 9:16 AM

David Taylor Jr:
if I am making a bibliography for research that I am doing the tool is kind of pointless if I can only use resources from within Logos itself.

Well, not pointless. You can export your bibliography to another tool. Much faster than having to do it manually! 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2959
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 12:18 PM

JT (alabama24):

David Taylor Jr:
if I am making a bibliography for research that I am doing the tool is kind of pointless if I can only use resources from within Logos itself.

Well, not pointless. You can export your bibliography to another tool. Much faster than having to do it manually! 

I do that already but from Clippings documents, not Bibliographies.

How to upload logs

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS