Suggestions: Traditional (1962) Lectionary daily readings

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Bradford Fellmeth | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 1 2018 5:56 PM

I saw one other post about this but it was two years old. Any chance of getting the old rite, aka Extraordinary Form, 1962 missal added as a lectionary? Not only for those of us who attend, but also as a great means of studying the Tradition, especially with all the propers.

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 10:08 AM

Bradford Fellmeth:

Any chance of getting the old rite, aka Extraordinary Form, 1962 missal added as a lectionary?

I'm not sure if this set has what you are looking for.  It contains Missale Romanum (Latin, 1962) and says it includes the 1962 lectionary.

https://www.logos.com/product/20189/missals-of-the-roman-catholic-church

Posts 3
Bradford Fellmeth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 11:30 AM

I mean having the daily readings according to the '62 calendar. I have the '62 Missale Romanum, but that's only as a book, not as a daily readings option.

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 1:48 PM

I'm sure I'm missing the gist of your request.  Is it something your looking for in the Liturgical Layout?

Posts 26292
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 3:00 PM

I agree and am pushing for more historical lectionaries as well. In the meantime, we can build them as personal books.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3024
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 7:56 PM

MJ. Smith:

I agree and am pushing for more historical lectionaries as well. In the meantime, we can build them as personal books.

Yes

Posts 20
Tom Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2018 7:15 AM

Yes I agree!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS