Having trouble with Mac 4 library download

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
John Dennie | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 19 2010 10:59 AM

Have been successful downloading app. However, can't seem to get library.

I have a Mac desktop running with 2 x 2.8 GHz quald-core intel xeons. 4 GB memory and I'm running Mac OS 10.5.8.

Also, I'm running through a proxy server isa-srv 80

Please take a look and let me know what can be done.2538.Logos4.log

6747.Indexer.log

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 11:09 AM

The L4 Mac app doesn't support proxies currently. We plan to support it for the final release. You'll have to wait for a media disk to install your resources.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 33
Mark Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2010 10:16 AM

That explains a lot!  I was waiting to make a post about proxy servers, hoping it would be addressed soon.  Our corporate Network Group just implemented OpenDNS, eliminating our internal proxy server and for the first time EVER on my Mac, I received an automatic update (to A27).  Too bad it won't be addressed during the beta for other beta testers (I was able to get updates because we have two internal/corporate networks, one with a proxy, and a "guest" one without).

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2010 11:04 AM

Mark Davis:
Too bad it won't be addressed during the beta for other beta testers .

It's actually on my Beta TODO list to be implemented sometime in the Beta cycle.

Posts 6
Paul Weir | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 11:25 AM

Tom,

I work at the student help desk at a Christian University and have heard from a Mac user that his Logos 4 is not updating when on-campus but will when off-campus due to the proxy server on-campus.

This post was several months ago and I am wondering if there has been any prgress made.

Sincerely,

Paul Weir

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 11:41 AM

The Mac app supports HTTP/HTTPS proxies via the System Preferences. I believe that support is in the current stable release. I'd have to know more about your specific proxy set up to know whether or not it's currently supported.

Posts 6
Paul Weir | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 2:20 PM

Sorry Tom, I'm a little uninitiated when it comes to talking about proxy servers. Is there specific information you are looking for so that I can either recognize what you need to know or ask someone in our IT Operation department?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 3:10 PM

If you could post a screenshot of the proxy configuration for the on-campus network I could probably get what I need from there.

Open System Preferences, click on Network, then click on the network connection that is active.

Click "Advanced…" then click on the Proxies tab.

Select the Protocol that is checked, then send me a screen grab of that window. It will probably be one of "Web Proxy" or "Secure Web Proxy" or "SOCKS Proxy".

Thanks,

Tom

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS