Bible Search Range Doesn't Take

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 627
Jim | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 3 2018 11:13 AM

Since upgrading to Logos 7 I've constantly had problems with searches and it's really reducing my effective use of the program.

When I try to change the range of the search, Logos either ignores my input or gets it wrong a lot of the time. If I type in slow motion it works better, but I've never before had this problem in the many years I've used the program. 

Example :Search All Bible Text in Matthew in Top Bibles. I click on Matthew and type Mark <enter> and one time it came up "Marah". I clicked on Marah and the drop down has Mark, showing that Mark was indeed what I typed last. Other times I will type a Bible book and it will be ignored, but again when I click on the range the drop down shows that I had typed what I wanted.

As I said if I type in slow motion and/or wait a second or two before hitting enter my chances are improved. My computer isn't doing much else and worked wonderfully with Logos 6 in this regard, so I'd appreciate it if someone looked into this.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2018 2:41 PM

Jim:
Example :Search All Bible Text in Matthew in Top Bibles. I click on Matthew and type Mark <enter> and one time it came up "Marah". I clicked on Marah and the drop down has Mark, showing that Mark was indeed what I typed last. Other times I will type a Bible book and it will be ignored, but again when I click on the range the drop down shows that I had typed what I wanted.

Do you mean something like in https://www.screencast.com/t/ms8TqgG4Hm 

As you can see it works fine for me.

Are you able to capture a screencast to demonstrate what you are seeing?

Posts 627
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2018 9:16 AM

You did something I've never had to do before in the years of using Logos. You typed "Mark" but then clicked on the Mark selection. In other words typing the word and hitting return is no longer good enough. Why did this change?

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2018 9:24 AM

Jim:
You typed "Mark" but then clicked on the Mark selection. In other words typing the word and hitting return is no longer good enough. Why did this change?

Its not that it changed - but that I have always done it as I showed in the screencast

But just hitting return works as well as shown in https://www.screencast.com/t/I5Z3RzxPp2y 

Are you able to show what you are seeing?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS