Copy with chapter/verse number?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 4 2018 11:37 AM

When I highlight a verse or drag copy a few, I can paste it into another document, but the book and chapter are missing, just the verse numbers.   How can I copy a selection and get the citation reference as well?   Seems pretty basic, but I'm stumped.   I don't want the citation as a footnote, but  like this: 

Isaiah 41:8  But you, Israel, my servant, 

Jacob, whom I have chosen, 

the offspring of Abraham, my friend;   

I am preparing for an overhead that will not use footnotes. 

Thanks

Jeff

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2018 12:29 PM

Right-click on your selection, and then make sure that on the righthand side of the menu the Bible reference itself is selected (so it will say "Isaiah 41:8 — it should be the third one down). Then choose copy from the lefthand side.

This method uses the format chosen in the Copy Bible Verses tool, so if you want to tweak the output, open that tool and do so. It will then remember your settings for next time.

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2018 12:37 PM

I use several different formats when copying Bible text (with just a reference, with individual verses, as a responsive reading, etc.) so I almost always use the Copy Bible Verses tool to insure I am using the correct format each time I copy a selection of scripture. If you are regularly using a single format, them Mark's suggestion will work.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2018 2:12 PM

Thanks... What is weird is that the right hand verse thing did not appear until after I selected paragraph and then back and it then appeared. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS