Change Keyboard Shortcut in Logos 7 for Windows

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Joshua Jensen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 9 2018 1:17 AM

I'm using Logos 7 on Windows 10, and I keep it open while I work with a team of Bible translators in Asia. One of the characters we type in the target language requires the keystroke Right-Alt+B, but even when Logos is not the active window, Logos takes over the keystroke and opens the active verse in a separate window, making it impossible to type the required character (without first closing Logos).

Is there a way to modify keystrokes in Logos to eliminate keystrokes that conflict with other keyboard requirements? I can't find a way. Or can I simply make Logos keep to itself when it's not the active window?

Thanks!

Posts 19839
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2018 1:36 AM

Hi Joshua

Joshua Jensen:
Is there a way to modify keystrokes in Logos to eliminate keystrokes that conflict with other keyboard requirements? I can't find a way

I'm not aware of any way to do this.

Hopefully someone from Faithlife will be able to comment further.

Graham

Posts 4182
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2018 12:50 PM

Joshua Jensen:
Is there a way to modify keystrokes in Logos to eliminate keystrokes that conflict with other keyboard requirements? I can't find a way. Or can I simply make Logos keep to itself when it's not the active window?

Hi Joshua

I don't know about Windows so this might be completely off track but on my machine I have a utility that allows me to cue up things on the clipboard.

It looks as if a similar utility 'Ditto Clipboard' is available from the Microsoft store.

In your shoes I would put the character on the clipboard and select it from the available paste options whenever I wanted to use it.

I realise that this is not an ideal solution but might serve as a temporary work-round.

Posts 5
Joshua Jensen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2018 10:42 PM

Thanks, Mike. This gave me the idea of using AutoHotKey to turn three instances of ប into a single ឞ -- that way I wouldn't be hitting right-alt-b, but instead simply hitting the b key three times, followed by space bar. Logos is too clever by half. It still activates the floating window.

I'm looking forward to hearing from Logos support (should I post somewhere else?). This strikes me as a basic functionality issue: no program should take over keystrokes when minimized -- unless the user has granted permission.

Posts 7459
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2018 12:37 AM

This can be disabled.

In the Copy Bible Verses tool, click the Panel Menu icon (in the top left), then under Global shortcut, select None.

Posts 19839
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2018 12:53 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
This can be disabled.

Thanks Bradley - I didn't know that

Posts 5
Joshua Jensen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2018 1:55 AM

Fantastic. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS