Help with tags, annotations, notes & more...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 11
Brian Cirka | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 9 2018 5:10 PM

I'm reading through the Church Fathers for the purpose of identifying points of alignment with Catholic doctrine.  I would like to do 3 things:

1.  Highlight passages that address a doctrine (Purpose: To draw attention as one is reading through to a key passage)

2.  Make notes on that passage (Purpose: Provide my personal thoughts on what I think the passage is saying)

3.  Categorize the passage using a marker such as "Eucharist," "Virgin Birth," etc. (Purpose: To be able to search one of these tags across all my resources and see a collection of marked passages.

I'm so confused between tags, visual filters, annotations, notes, etc.

Could someone please outline how to accomplish the above?

Thank you!

Posts 26834
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2018 5:34 PM

Unfortunately I'm too busy this week creating Verbum documentation for small group use. If you don't get an answer, bump this in a week or two and I'll try to answer.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11
Brian Cirka | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 6:11 AM

So I was actually able to figure this out.  I created individual labels for macro topics such as "Trinity" or "Papacy" and applied formatting to those labels.  

I also created an attribute under each label called "Sub-Topic" and then would create add values to that attribute for individual passages.  Example:  I might label a passage that talks about Christ as God with the attribute value "Christ as God."

But I'm curious, is there a way for me to search for a list of those values?  For example, could I look up my Trinity label and see the attribute values "Christ as God" "Holy Spirit as God" in a list?

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 6:35 AM

Brian Cirka:
But I'm curious, is there a way for me to search for a list of those values?  For example, could I look up my Trinity label and see the attribute values "Christ as God" "Holy Spirit as God" in a list?

You should be able to

I created a label called "Discipleship Action" with a range of attributes such as "Action - Listening" and a search looks like this

So you should be able to do something like:

{Label Trinity WHERE Attribute ~ "Christ as God"}

Posts 11
Brian Cirka | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 8:20 AM

Thanks for the response, Graham!

Where I'm unsure is if I don't remember what the attribute values are. Say I come back to this 1 year from now, and don't know what attribute values have been assigned under my label "Trinity."

Is there a way to pull a list of unique attribute values?

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 9:01 AM

If you go into the Highlighting Tool and edit the Label you should be able to see the attributes there just as in my screenshot above 

Posts 11
Brian Cirka | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 12:03 PM

Perfect, thank you.  I had mine set up wrong. :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS