When Are We Going to See Proclaim for iPad?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 215
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 13 2018 10:41 AM

Hello,

My church has finally upgraded to a wireless system. We can now use presentation software. I would like to use Proclaim without the use of a laptop. Does Proclaim come for the iPad? Or is that just the remote app?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 340
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 2:24 PM

We hope to expand Proclaim's cross-platform usability in the future, but at the moment only the remote app works on the iPad. 

Posts 9
LogosEmployee
Brian Burkhart (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 4:59 PM

The App for Proclaim on tablets (including iPad) and phone may only control (or follow) the presentation: it if not a full featured edition of Proclaim so it cannot be used to create or edit a presentation.  However, one can use the iPad to present it via AirPlay. Also, we are working to support quickscreens right now, and work on autoadvance (for the loops) will begin soon.

Posts 881
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 7:22 AM

For home Bible studies, I have plugged my Apple TV in, remote desktop (I use Splashtop) into my office computer to run Proclaim, and then screencast the iPad to the Apple TV. It works quite well, if your internet connection is good. The big downside is that, since you are broadcasting the screen, you have to be viewing the presentation on your iPad, not the application. 

Posts 603
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 8:39 AM

Justin, did you know that you can Airplay from iPad app? I mention this cause home bible studies is what I imagined it being used for. If you have tried it, what made you not use it?

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 881
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 1:38 PM

Jordan Sjodin:

Justin, did you know that you can Airplay from iPad app? I mention this cause home bible studies is what I imagined it being used for. If you have tried it, what made you not use it?

I did not realize that! I will have to try that next time. Thanks for the heads up, Jordan.

Posts 603
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 2:58 PM
Awesome, yeah let me know what you think. Essentially, after opening the app, pull open control center, and turn on mirroring. The app will take over with a black screen. Then any presentation you open will be presented on the display.

Posts 215
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 9:36 AM

I have used Keynote for my presentations for years. I just plug the iPad to the projector screen adapter and ready to go. I understand what all of you are describing. However, the Proclaim software should me much more user friendly to use. I should be able to connect the same way I can with Keynote. I should not have to mirror or add other technology just to use this software for a presentation. I hope that comes soon to Proclaim. 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 603
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2018 10:20 AM

Hey Jim, even though Apple calls it mirroring, the second the Proclaim app detects the screen, it will go fullscreen, so it is not actually mirroring or adding another technology. Just using Apple's airplay. It would also work with the physical cables Apple sells too.

I was unaware that the Keynote app does that automatically, we probably could add a button right to the Proclaim app to start outputting which would be more user-friendly then having to go to control center.

Posts 603
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 9:15 AM

Jordan Sjodin:
I was unaware that the Keynote app does that automatically, we probably could add a button right to the Proclaim app to start outputting which would be more user-friendly then having to go to control center.

Turns out Apple doesn't let people do this... I checked in Keynote, and for Airplay they make you go to Control Center too. I'm going to get a cable soon to test the Proclaim Remote with hooking it up to a projector not via AirPlay.

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2018 10:39 AM

To use Proclaim on ipad I would need the ability to write on slides. I do this all the time in Keynote with an Apple Pencil.

Posts 2
Pastor Wynn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 9:24 PM

I just purchased Proclaim this week, May 21, 2019, and just realized there are no editing capabilities on an iPad. Why?

In a day when mobile devices are replacing desktops and laptops, why would be Remote Control only with no editing ability?  That makes no sense at all.

Please bring editing to the IOS devices 

Posts 1
PWB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2019 1:03 PM

Any update on this?  Any chance we can see the ability to create/edit proclaim presentations on iOS soon?  

Posts 159
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2019 1:56 PM

Our goal is to support a web version of Proclaim. This would allow you to edit on mobile if connected to your network. However, we are still in the early stages on discussing the best approach on solving this. Right now, very little development has been created on this process.

We'll keep you updated and make sure to announce when this feature is published. 

Posts 2
Pastor Wynn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2019 3:34 PM

I know that FaithLife realizes that web-based applications are losing their market share.  We live in a mobile-device culture.  The exisitng Proclaim app should be fully editable in a mobile environment.  Logging into a web-based application is a good temporary work-around, but it is a clunky mode of operation.

Not trying to be critical, but pratical.  I LOVE Proclaim, and the FaithLife products.  Just wanted to point out the obvious flaw of web-based applications.

Keep up the great work.

Posts 159
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2019 8:45 AM

Feedback is always appreciated here Pastor Wynn. No sweat on the response as this is how we are able to build and look at what people are wanting. 

Appreciate the feedback and we'll keep note when the time comes on us developing this feature. 

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS