Organisation Strategy for Monographs

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 989
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 15 2018 6:52 AM

Has anyone got a sweet strategy for organising their monographs so they are nice to browse? I have a couple of thousand and I know there are hidden treasures in there...

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 24935
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:44 PM

I've got 935 and tagged half of them i.e. those that interest me. Some have multiple tags  e.g. Christology; Theology

Typical tags:

Creation

Apologetics

Ethics

Eschatology

Pentecostal

Topical

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 790
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 4:00 PM

John Goodman:

Has anyone got a sweet strategy for organising their monographs so they are nice to browse? I have a couple of thousand and I know there are hidden treasures in there...

That's a great question. One way I've approached monographs is passively: Let Logos do its thing when I search for info on topics or whatever. But that just doesn't seem to take full advantage of the nature of a monograph; at least not a one. Like you, I have a bunch of them, so one thing I've started doing to take advantage of them is to create a collection (I'm working on making this collection more specific to my tastes) and just try "FSD in monographs". It doesn't really help me organize them (in fact, it's just the opposite), but at least I can get my nose into them a little more intentionally.

Lew

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 7:24 PM

John Goodman:

I created collections by subject and by author. I then include the Cited By tool in my layout and link it to the biblical text. This allows for me to review by collection which resources (monographs) cite the text. The subjects I use are: Apologetics, Archeology, Background, Counseling, Discipleship, Exegesis and Hermeneutics, History & Biography, Judaica, Leadership, Life of Christ, Life of Paul, Marriage, Theological Journals and Christian Living. I have Author Collections for those that I have a sizable number of books written by them.

You can include them in the Passage Guide if you prefer. It takes time to group them into collections, but once done it opens up the library quite a bit.

Let me know if you want to see screen shots or have questions.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS