CRASH: Late 2013 MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.14

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Dion Houston Sr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 16 2018 9:35 AM

Hi all,

This is essentially a re-post.  Was hoping the next version of this would fix the crash with Mojave.

Pretty easy to reproduce.  Just plug a passage into the "Enter passage or topic" (I used gen 1 1).  It brings up the passage guide, does the cool highlight thing then crashes.  The OSX crash window indicates assertion failure:

Application Specific Information:
Crashing on exception: Invalid parameter not satisfying: !isnan(newOrigin.x)
abort() called

Browsing through the logs looks like there're some network related issues - I'm in Kuwait going through about 3-4 successive NATs.

Also seems specific to the "Compare Versions" component of the Passage Guide.  If I create a guide with everything minus that it works.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Dion

5633.LogosLogs.dionhoustonsr.20181016-191121.zip

Posts 1163
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 8:12 PM

Dion,

I have a similar setup as yours, I tried doing the same thing as you mentioned. It is working as it should for me without crashing

• Logos Bible Software 7.18 SR-1 7.18.0.0020

Hope you get the issue resolve soon.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Mojave 10.14.1 | iPhone X iOS 12.1

Posts 18
Dion Houston Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2018 12:43 PM

Oh good!  Well bad.  But good that I'm not alone with this problem :)

Hopefully, they will get back to us then.  Do you also have a Late 2013 MBP?

Yours in Christ,

Dion

Posts 18
Dion Houston Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2018 12:43 PM

Oh never mind, I see you have a Mid-2014.  Guess I should figure out how to add that to my thing... :)

Posts 1163
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2018 7:05 PM

Dion Houston Sr.:

Oh never mind, I see you have a Mid-2014.  Guess I should figure out how to add that to my thing... :)

Dion,

Just a thought ... have you tried running Logos in Offline mode, just to isolate possible network related issue you mentioned.

Work Offline in Mac

• To work offline on a Mac, open the "Applications" folder, select Logos and press Command+O. Keep the Command key held down while Logos opens, until you see the "sign in" window. Press the "Work Offline" button.

All the best Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Mojave 10.14.1 | iPhone X iOS 12.1

Posts 18
Dion Houston Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 2:03 AM

You know what?

In my Hebrew course I had a lesson in prioritizing resources, so I changed my Top Bibles, and now the problem seems to have gone away, so I wonder if it's a problem with a specific resource instead.

Since you have the crash too, what are your current top Bibles?  I can see if I can find the breaking one.

BTW, I also am a Chinese Bible enthusiast.  I studied Chinese (Mandarin) extensively 20 years ago.  I have the CNV and CUV, but don't get much of a chance to study them.  I can only read some 简体字 :)

Dion

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS