Help with setting up a monitor with my MacBook air

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1256
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 16 2018 2:31 PM

I have purchased a 27" screen to use with my MacBook air but the ratio looks off (too big) I messed with the program scaling and it helped a bit.

I am wondering if anyone has any tricks on what worked for you?

Posts 70
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2018 7:51 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

I have purchased a 27" screen to use with my MacBook air but the ratio looks off (too big) I messed with the program scaling and it helped a bit.

I am wondering if anyone has any tricks on what worked for you?

Are you mirroring or extending it so you have two separate monitors?

Mirroring, in my opinion, has never been a strong point and one of the two monitors looks a bit wonky. With extending, adjusting the scaling is the best thing to do.

Posts 1256
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 9:06 AM

Jon Bradley:

Are you mirroring or extending it so you have two separate monitors?

Mirroring, in my opinion, has never been a strong point and one of the two monitors looks a bit wonky. With extending, adjusting the scaling is the best thing to do.

Sorry for the delay. I am extending as you suggest and you are right, it looks much better. What has helped me most is discovering a "reading mode" on the monitor itself. Together with "paper" background it is much easier on my eyes.

I am still messing with the scaling but it I think I am figuring out what works.

What is most surprising is how well my 2011 MacBook air (4gb Ram)  runs while putting the video to a 27" screen. I think the fan runs less? I am not sure why this is so, but I am happy with it.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS