Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 122
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 18 2018 10:54 AM

I don't know if anyone has brought this up and I'm not an expert in this space, but it seems to like Faithlife's produced content (Fragments of Truth, Luther...etc) is some of FL TV's best content. Shouldn't FL's content be a part of the subscription model (like Netflix, Amazon)? Otherwise, what's the point of having a TV Subscription? 

Thoughts?

Posts 2612
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 9:11 AM

Andrew Biddinger:

I don't know if anyone has brought this up and I'm not an expert in this space, but it seems to like Faithlife's produced content (Fragments of Truth, Luther...etc) is some of FL TV's best content. Shouldn't FL's content be a part of the subscription model (like Netflix, Amazon)? Otherwise, what's the point of having a TV Subscription? 

Thoughts?

I think it should. Netflix doesn't ask me to pay extra for it's own Netflix made movies and TV shows. 

Posts 2728
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2018 9:25 AM

It has been fluttering around in the middle to the back of my head. I think all of it should be included without additional charge, with the exception of sending content on a dvd or flash drive.

It is kind of discouraging when I see a movie heavily promoted on Faithlife TV (such as on Netflix), then when I go to view it, I cannot without paying $15 or more (unlike Netflix or Pureflix). The for sale movies should be kept separate from Faithlife TV, and have the option to purchase on DVD/Flash.

Posts 21
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 4:21 PM

I agree, that the purpose of the Faithlife Connect model is getting most everything Faithlife Connect has to offer at a reasonable price.  However, I feel the Essential Package is already pushing the price point of acceptability and that Faithlife should probably adjust all the plans up one bumping all the resources up to the next price level...except for perhaps the Courses they offer.  Getting 2 free courses a year with that $19.99 price seems fair.  

I can see Faithlife Connect giving an early launch of a month or 2 for premium content, but the understanding a Faithlife Connect user will get free access sooner than later.

Honestly, subscription models are difficult to manage and it is safer for Faithlife to start too expensive and then balance the model for profitability than go under as a business...but I do expect more when I compare it to comparable resources.  

Posts 1249
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:02 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Andrew Biddinger:

Thoughts?

I think it should. Netflix doesn't ask me to pay extra for it's own Netflix made movies and TV shows. 

I've felt the same way.  Have been rather put off by Faithlife's handling of such content.

Posts 919
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:54 PM

I'd be interested to hear from FL on this. Had hoped they would have already chimed in. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS