Logos won't index

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 271
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 18 2018 1:54 PM

Recently I reinstalled windows 10 x64 and Logos. When it was downloading several gig of my resources logos kept bombing. Often it would start downloading all over again (eating my internet quota to pieces).

Finally after several hours and at least 10 restarts of Logos my full library was ready.

My "cited by" isn't working, most searches don't work.

Someone helped me in the forums to issue a command "rebuild index" but Logos didn't indicate it was doing anything. I tried restarting Logos then it hung at the splash screen. I left it for a few hours in case it was hopefully indexing. I had to kill it. 

I just used it as best I could with out the "cited by" section as I need to finish something today. Suddenly, Logos reported it is indexing, yay! Only it stays at 0% for 45 minutes or so. 

Customer support had me kill the indexer, restart logos with CTRL and it is now indexing again stuck at 0%. 

My system has next to last generation i7, samsung SSD Pro, and 8 gig of ram. I tried closing any other apps to make sure Logos has it all. no dice. several reboots of my system as well. 

I even tried increasing the priority of the indexer and of logos (keeping logos one level above the indexer). Nada.

Zip of logfiles attached as instructed by the "report a problem" page.

2018.Logos Log Files.zip

Dead languages are my mid-life crisis

Posts 9032
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 2:09 PM

Jeremiah, your log file doesn't help me give you any advice. You can wait for another member or a FL employee to look in, but it might be best to call customer support for help.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 271
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 2:12 PM

Hi Mark, I’m in Asia so I used customer Support Chat and they are the ones who told me to post here.  

can This be done via chat support?

thanks

Posts 9032
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 3:39 PM

Jeremiah:
can This be done via chat support?

Not that I am aware of. I think someone from Faithlife or another saavy user would need to read the log files. It might even require that a support person log into your computer remotely to help. If you don't get a helpful response today, you could try email. cs@logos.com Describe the problem and attach the files.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 1:12 PM

Jeremiah:

Zip of logfiles attached as instructed by the "report a problem" page.

The indexer log and Logos log both went for 3 minutes - not long enough to determine any problem

Jeremiah:
I even tried increasing the priority of the indexer and of logos (keeping logos one level above the indexer). Nada.

When indexing starts you can quit Logos, and let indexing go for at least 45 minutes at 0% before uploading logs.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 13059
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2018 1:27 PM

You've had a recent crash with the indexer. The error message is an unusual one, which looks like it's been seen only once before on these forums in what appears to be an unrelated bug that was fixed in 7.12.

As others have said, your main indexing log only lasts for a few minutes. That could be because you didn't wait long enough in producing the logs, or because the indexer crashed without writing to the log. If the former, please just attach a new log. If the latter, then Windows Event Viewer might yield some useful info.

Posts 271
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:55 AM

Certainly something strange, it indexed for many hours so your notion that the indexer just didn't write the results to the logs makes the most sense. After a couple of complete re-installs I just accepted to not have the ability to search for a while as I was very busy preparing things for my congregation.  Then one day it decided to index on it's own and this time it only took a couple of hours (usually just takes 15 minutes) and everything works now.

Maybe it downloaded a patch and I didn't notice which fixed the oddity.

Thanks for chiming in and helping guys. Praise G-d it's working now!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS