Bug: Failure receiving passage text

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 77
Shannon | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 21 2018 7:49 AM

This makes roughly three weeks in a row that I have been unable to retrieve Bible verses from our computer at the church.  It's not a problem with our account as I can retrieve them on other computers without incident.  If I attempt to create a bible slide or an on screen bible slide, it will be blank with a red exclamation point stating Failure to retrieve passage text.  The slide will be blank.  I'm including the log files for examination.

Thanks in advance..

Posts 341
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 7:57 AM

Thanks for including logs to the forum.  Sorry this service has been so troublesome these past few weeks, we'll look into solutions that will stop this inconsistent behavior going forward as this functionality is integral to the program.  We apologize, and will keep everyone updated with our progress.

Posts 77
Shannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 8:03 AM

Any suggestions for a workaround in the meantime?

Posts 77
Shannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 8:04 AM

Forgot to ask, since it sounds like this is somewhat of a known issue, is the issue this computer?   Or that it's Sunday morning?  I only have this issue on Sunday morning on this one computer...so which is most likely the culprit?

Posts 341
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 9:05 AM

It's not a computer issue on your end, our API service got overloaded.  The work around would be too copy and paste the Bible verse into a content slide.  Biblia.com appears to be mostly up, but API service attached it that Proclaim uses is particularly struggling.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS