Sync error: me too

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 23 2018 8:46 AM

As others have reported, I am getting a sync error since the upgrade to 7.18 SR-1 (7.18.0.0020). Have done since it was released.

Windows 10 pc. No other issues.

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 10:07 AM

Can you post your logs, please?

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 10:19 AM

Thank you, Daniel!

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 10:37 AM

Your logs indicate an error syncing a note document. We are planning to make some server-side changes this week that we hope addresses your error. We will try to let you know when that happens. If your error persists beyond that, please let us know.

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 2:00 PM

Just installed Version: 7.19.0.0009. Still sync error.

Closed and reopened Logos. Still sync error.

Posts 46
LogosEmployee
Adam Poit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 4:26 PM

We've deployed a server-side change that handles an error case that many users were seeing on sync down. If you try and sync again, does your sync error persist?

If so, please post your logs and we'll continue to look into this.

Posts 46
LogosEmployee
Adam Poit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 9:19 AM

Thanks Daniel. We'll continue to look into this issue.

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 9:21 AM

Thank you!

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:38 AM

I just opgraded to 8.0.0.0562. Still a sync error.

Posts 105
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 1:57 PM

And I thought I was the only one. Came to the Forums some time ago and there was no post concerning this so I just left it and thought it would go away. Especially since everything appeared to be working OK.

Upgraded to 8.0.0.0562 yesterday and it's still there and now it seems others are having the same problem. Guess I'll leave it and wait for a future upgrade to correct it. Doesn't really bother me except I hate seeing anything red showing up where it shouldn't be.

Posts 46
LogosEmployee
Adam Poit | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:25 PM

Daniel, we deployed another server-side fix this morning for an issue that was revealed while examining your logs. This error was occurring for a number of users and your logs helped in finding the fix.

Hopefully this will resolve your sync error. If it does not, please respond again with your logs so that we can keep investigating.

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:42 PM

Thanks, that's great to hear. I won't be back at the pc with the problem for a few days, but I'll check and let you know then.

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 3:26 AM

Adam, no, sorry, there is still a sync error. Now it's on both my laptop at home and my pc at work, both Win10.

If you're going to ask me to do another log, please re-link to the instructions page if you don't mind.

Posts 46
LogosEmployee
Adam Poit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 10:37 AM

I apologize that we still haven't nailed down this issue.

We would definitely like another look at your logs to see if you're encountering the same issue, or if our fix has revealed another issue. The instructions for how to package and upload your logs can be found here.

Thank you for being persistent in helping us with this.

Posts 162
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 1:26 PM

Wellsir, I closed Logos, enabled logging, reopened -- and now no error. After displaying the error all day.

I'll re-do if it reappears.

Posts 46
LogosEmployee
Adam Poit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 1:30 PM

It's very possible that an application restart was needed to clear the error state from the sync client. I'm glad to hear that the error went away. If it does reappear, please let me know so that we can follow up.

Thank you again for all your patience with this. These errors can often be tricky to nail down and I appreciate all your help in diagnosing the problem.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS