Table of Contents width

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3243
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 23 2018 12:57 PM

I would like for my books and bible to open with a narrower 'table of contents' now it opens with extra wide field can this be adjusted- see sample- want the left to open as it is adjusted in the right half of screen.

Posts 29428
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 1:03 PM

Have you tried grabbing and moving the border? Grab is the double headed arrow when you're over the border.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3243
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 1:14 PM

MJ. Smith:

Have you tried grabbing and moving the border? Grab is the double headed arrow when you're over the border.

Yes that's how I created this pic- but if I close it and reopen it- then its back to the original wide margin- like for it to stay narrow.

Posts 2045
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 1:36 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

MJ. Smith:

This is also my experience.  It is a minor issue for me, but I would also like to have a smaller margin.  I also would like to have the option to set it so that it opens on the right side of the page instead of the left. 

Yes that's how I created this pic- but if I close it and reopen it- then its back to the original wide margin- like for it to stay narrow.

Posts 29428
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 2:38 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:
but if I close it and reopen it- then its back to the original wide margin- like for it to stay narrow.

I don't know a way around this.  Even a saved layout appears to revert to the default.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3243
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 4:13 PM

Thanks everyone- I was hoping someone would know a work around- these are the type of simple features that need to be added- more user control.

Posts 11094
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:29 PM

Not helping any, but I'd not noticed, since I use a 2 and 3 column layout .... in which case, the TOC is just about right. It appears to calculate as a percent of the panel width.

As above, a user-adjustment should be remembered, even opening a resource. I can see why they didn't use a TOC text width, but a percent is pretty high school-ish.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS