Welcome to the Logos 8 Mobile Forum

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 158
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 28 2018 7:12 PM

Hi there, 

Welcome. We're excited to launch the Logos Mobile apps 8.0 on iOS and Android. 

This new forum is the place for you to ask questions, report bugs, and get help from fellow Logos users. While Logos employees do drop in from time to time, you should call our support line, send an email (cs@logos.com), or use Report a Problem within the app. See below for instructions on how to use Report a Problem.

In order to save you time and ensure that we’ve all the info we need to take action on a bug, here’s how to report a bug:

• Open the App
  • Go to the Main Menu by tapping on the 3 lines in the top left-hand corner. (On iPhones, tap the "More" tab)
  • Go to the bottom of the Menu and select Help, noted by the circled question mark.
  • Tap on “Report a Problem”
  • Some devices will ask you what app to open this with. You want to select Email, or another app you may use for email purposes.
  • Your logs will automatically be attached to this email
  • Include as much of the following information in your email as you can:
    • Language the app is in.
    • What happened when the bug occurred? I.e. The app crashed, a book did not display or gave an error message.
    • What was expected to happen instead of the bug?
    • The function or resource(s) the bug occurred with.
    • Any error messages that appeared prior or during the occurrence.
    • The steps taken to encounter the bug (as specific as possible).
    • A screenshot or two that shows the problem.
    • Network status when the bug occurred.
    • Any settings that were changed that may apply.
    • Any other additional information you may feel is relevant. (other apps interacting with ours, modified phone settings)

By following the instructions above, you can ensure that your bug is recorded and triaged.

Thanks for helping us make our apps better! Smile

Posts 8430
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 7:16 PM

I'm getting excited. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2085
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:09 PM

Can you advise when the IOS app will be available? I checked updates and the App Store and did not see anything.

Thanks

Posts 8430
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:24 PM

John Fidel:
Can you advise when the IOS app will be available? I checked updates and the App Store and did not see anything.

That's strange. I updated my IOS app this morning and it worked fine.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 567
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:29 PM

Apple rolls out app updates across the globe on their own schedule. We shipped the apps on the app store this morning but we don't have control over when individuals see these updates.

Posts 2085
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:45 PM

I figured as much and will wait for Apple to drop the update.

Posts 567
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 5:53 PM

John Fidel:

I figured as much and will wait for Apple to drop the update.

One quick question: What version of iOS are you running?

Another possibility if users are not seeing the update is they may be running an older, unsupported system version.

Posts 2085
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:42 PM

Just updated to IOS 12.01 a few days ago. The app store only offers me to open Logos Bible Study Tools. I am on version 6. something. Should the store have Logos Mobile 8?

Posts 567
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:44 PM

In that case, the app store just needs time to roll it out to all users. Yours should be available soon.

Posts 2085
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:46 PM

I appreciate the follow up. Will post back in a day or so if it does not update.

Posts 2085
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:27 AM

the updates came through this am... Looks really good.

Posts 158
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:17 AM

John Fidel:

the updates came through this am... Looks really good.

Thanks! Let us know what you think of Saved Layouts, new Notes Tool, and the new Homepage. 

Posts 616
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:34 AM

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Let us know what you think of Saved Layouts, new Notes Tool, and the new Homepage. 

Saved Layouts: Love them and wouldn’t change a thing.

New Notes Tool: Fantastic - only thing I feel like I’m missing is the ability to add/edit attachment points - I don’t think that’s currently possible?

New Homepage: The only times that I tend to use the homepage are to go to my reading list and to check/complete my prayers. I can’t see a quick way of ticking off my prayers at the moment - I’ve been opening each list, swiping each prayer and then marking them off that way. Is that the only way to do it at the moment? If so, I’d like to request that this get looked at so I can tick them off on the homepage itself.

Having said that, I can just about imagine that I might make more use of the homepage in future with the extra functionality that’s been added.

Posts 158
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 1:26 PM

James McAdams:
Fantastic - only thing I feel like I’m missing is the ability to add/edit attachment points - I don’t think that’s currently possible?

We'd like to add this very soon. 

Posts 616
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 2:18 PM

Great!

Posts 1867
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:02 PM

I have an L8 license. Will the L8 features automatically appear in the Logos mobile apps, or do I need to manually update the apps to the latest version in the App Store?

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com 

Posts 616
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:30 AM

Nathan Parker:

I have an L8 license. Will the L8 features automatically appear in the Logos mobile apps, or do I need to manually update the apps to the latest version in the App Store?

You’d need the Logos 8 mobile app update for them to work.

Posts 24
Elias Brasil de Souza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:02 AM

My Logos 8.0.0 is crashing all the time. Terribly unstable. I could not report the problem through the app because it crashed. My iPad is running on iOS 12.1. Is there anything I should on my side to resolve this issue? 

Posts 616
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:05 AM

There is an update coming out soon (hopefully) as quite a few people have had crashing issues. Faithlife staff have said that they asked for an expedited review for this.

Posts 24
Elias Brasil de Souza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:06 AM

My LOGOS 8 app is crashing all the time. Is there anything I should do tonresolve the isssue? I could not report the problem because the app crashed as I tried to do so. Running on iOS 12.1

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS