Introducing the New Logos Notes

Page 5 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 88 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 202
Wayne levi Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 6:17 AM

What did you try five minutes ago? - Geeked

The function of opening up the entire NOTEBOOK by clicking the individual note inside a Bible resource did exist before Logos 8, Now you can only open up a single note in the notebook and we are forced to manually search the notebook out.

What did you use 5 minutes ago? Hyperlinks or opening the whole notebook while clicking a note file in your Bible resource.

I just tried both and neither are working. Confused Smile

Posts 202
Wayne levi Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 6:39 AM

Thanks for all your hard work. I hope I am not being Mean or rude Big Smile - I love you guys. I just miss the Note features I had for 10 years. 

Now, about your comment:

If we have multiple monitors, how will organizing them alphabetically help? I may not want them to appear in an order like that, but by TOPIC on the monitor in front of me and not have my note on a different monitor because of an alphabetical mandate. This could be a huge problem if not done right. - I imagine sometimes trying to solve ONE PROBLEM will lead to MANY MORE unseen issues.

Unless each monitor and floating window can have its own alphabetical order this will not work.

We still have the issue of IDENTIFYING the NOTE in the Note TAB.

It just seems like an easier solution to IDENTIFY the NOTE by some kind of ICON at least, on top of the NOTE TAB - note sure why that is so hard to give us. Yes, MANY PEOPLE actually do need to identify, 'by the note tab', WHICH NOTE they are looking for. I am surprised that the developers, who once 'SAW A NEED' to give us this feature, now do not recognize the efficiency of such a feature? 

Perhaps, if we can color the Note tabs or put a number on them or an icon, ANYTHING will help identify the notes better than NOTHING at all.

It is EXTREMELY annoying to keep guessing where my notes are and having to click on each note tab every time I open up an older Workspace. Or even the one I am currently working on for that matter.

We love you guys and are patient as possible. Keep up the good work. We know you are working hard and appreciate you, regardless of all the complaining. 

Posts 202
Wayne levi Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 6:41 AM

They gave them to use before and I hope they Return them to use again.

They are extremely useful. 

Posts 13345
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 1:28 PM

Wayne levi Price:

Wayne, I'm not sure whether you know this, but if, when replying, you click on Quote it adds the message you're replying to into your message, as demonstrated above. That makes it much easier for others to follow replies. If you're only replying to part of a post, you can select that part before you click Quote.

Posts 202
Wayne levi Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 6:56 AM

Mark Barnes:

Wayne levi Price:

Wayne, I'm not sure whether you know this, but if, when replying, you click on Quote it adds the message you're replying to into your message, as demonstrated above. That makes it much easier for others to follow replies. If you're only replying to part of a post, you can select that part before you click Quote.

Did I do it right? lol

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 11:16 AM

Wayne levi Price:
Did I do it right?

You got it!

Posts 350
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 8:54 AM

Mark Barnes:
I'd like the workflow question placed into the note (ideally as a title).

Mark, we are working on a different approach to this problem for 8.4. I started a new thread to respond:

Making Workflow Questions Visible in Notes

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 15
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:19 PM

Wayne levi Price:
The function of opening up the entire NOTEBOOK by clicking the individual note inside a Bible resource did exist before Logos 8, Now you can only open up a single note in the notebook and we are forced to manually search the notebook out.

Hi Wayne,

It sounds like you are describing the issue I discussed here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/178556.aspx

The response to my query was that Faithlife is aware of that issue and is working on restoring it.

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 202
Wayne levi Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 8:44 AM

Michael:

Wayne levi Price:

Hi Wayne,

It sounds like you are describing the issue I discussed here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/178556.aspx

The response to my query was that Faithlife is aware of that issue and is working on restoring it.

Blessings,

Michael

Yes it seems they will be fixing these things.

I appreciate your response.

Peace

Page 5 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS