Home Page

Page 7 of 9 (165 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 164 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 376
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 11:32 PM

And it might almost be "too soon" when one is that much older again. Good reply M.J. Smith. 

ASUS Rogue / 240 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 7 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 204
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 7:48 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

For the life of me, I do not understand why you are still telling everyone that user control of the "explorer" section is coming SOON- 6 weeks is not soon- its a life time to look at all the nonsense.

I guess now its more like 5 weeks, remember though that if this does make the first update it is likely to be the first iteration so may not do everything that you want or expect.

Posts 180
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 12:00 PM

I cannot get my homepage to open to more than just 2 columns although it has the option to open to 5 via the sprocket (settings). What is wrong and how do I fix this?

Posts 25143
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 12:01 PM

What is the size of your monitor? It will only show as many columns as can fit.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 180
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 12:08 PM

17 in only shows 3 columns. Sad ; Thank you MJ 

Posts 4384
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 12:18 PM

Valerie Pobog:

17 in only shows 3 columns. Sad ; Thank you MJ 

My 13in MacBook Pro shows four at default scaling

Posts 180
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 12:23 PM

I changed my scaling to 80% and it changed to 5 columns. Kinda hard to see but it worked. Thank you Mike

Posts 13
Jim Julian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 4:07 PM

Where are the QuickStart 8 videos; are they only in certain udates?

Posts 2659
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 4:29 PM

Jim Julian:

The QuickStart for Logos 8 videos are included in all Logos 8 feature sets and all Logos 8 base packages.

The QuickStart for Logos 8 videos are also available as part of a Faithlife Connect subscription.

Posts 709
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 8:33 AM

PetahChristian:

Jim Julian:

The QuickStart for Logos 8 videos are included in all Logos 8 feature sets and all Logos 8 base packages.

The QuickStart for Logos 8 videos are also available as part of a Faithlife Connect subscription.

You should be able to find them in Library with "QuickStart".

Posts 965
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 8:39 AM

Sean Boisen:
You should be able to find them in Library with "QuickStart".

And also on the Homepage in the Explore section. It's been coming up as the first item for the last couple of days. 

Posts 2
Whitney Geter IV | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 9:36 AM

Is it possible to add customized saved layouts to the home page as panels? I know you can add the pre loaded ones such as bible and commentary or topic study but what about the custom saved layouts that i've made? 

Posts 2659
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 9:46 AM

Whitney Geter IV:
Is it possible to add customized saved layouts to the home page

Not yet, but it's a request that FL has heard and plans to implement. I'm looking forward to that feature, myself!

Posts 2921
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 11:15 AM

I have a laugh everyday when I read "Notes is great" LOL- really- they are a fiasco- I do not use notes in L8 or 7 & 6- One Note and Word.

Notes as is- is a complicated mess- great if you like it- sucks if you don't. MHO!

Posts 2740
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 12:23 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I have a laugh everyday when I read "Notes is great" LOL- really- they are a fiasco- I do not use notes in L8 or 7 & 6- One Note and Word.

Notes as is- is a complicated mess- great if you like it- sucks if you don't. MHO!

Doesn't that go for anything? Great if you like it tough if you don't?  It's subjective. But honestly, the new Notes tool is a huge step forward for those of us who have been running to Evernote for years.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband, Lover of Baseball!

How to upload logs

Posts 2740
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 12:24 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Doesn't that go for anything? Great if you like it tough if you don't?  It's subjective. But honestly, the new Notes tool is a huge step forward for those of us who have been running to Evernote for years.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband, Lover of Baseball!

How to upload logs

Posts 1235
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 1:00 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:
I do not use notes in L8 or 7 & 6- One Note and Word.

I tried One Note but it reminded me too much of Microsoft!😜

Posts 74
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2018 4:22 PM

I want to interject my opinion here. I have to say as a Logos user since Logos 3 that I am not in the least bit disappointed with 8. I really like many of the additions and changes that have been to the software.

Logos 8 is the cutting edge of Bible software and it has given us fantastic research and presentation capabilities.  Sure there are things that I would like to see added or amended, but generally I have found that Faithlife is very open to user feedback.I have had suggestions I made find their way into the software. By comparison, in the past, I have given feedback to other software companies (including but not limited to Microsoft and Apple) but I have not seen my input implemented, even when the changes were common sensical and would be to the benefit of all users. FL is a developer that seems to truly pay attention to their user base.  

Doc your frustrations have surfaced and are being expressed with what in my opinion is very little grace, As a frequent visitor to the forums (but infrequent participator) when the tone of the communication becomes biting or negative it vexes my spirit and perhaps grieves the Holy Spirit.  I would prefer that all who give their feedback do so clearly, but not in a rude of condescending manor, that would make my forum experience more enjoyable, and lets not all forget, that this is a Christian endeavor that we are participating in. 

Posts 1
Karen Green | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 8:01 PM

I just wished they would have made L8 where you could put stuff on your home page from your library, instead now it's filled with all forums and other stuff. I liked L7 home page was hoping I would be able to add more of my library. Very disappointed 

Posts 7718
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2018 10:08 PM

Karen Green:

I just wished they would have made L8 where you could put stuff on your home page from your library, instead now it's filled with all forums and other stuff. 

Please see https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019191392-Changes-from-Logos-7-to-Logos-8#h.kuwra76she2s for announcements of what will be changing on the Logos 8 home page.

Page 7 of 9 (165 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS