Logos 8 Features

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 43 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 220
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2018 12:10 AM

Dave Hooton:

Keep Favorites in your layout, and just drag the book's tab into Favorites. You can create folders for different types of 'bookmarks', and drag it into a folder.

While this works, it isn't very efficient and requires a lot of clicks and panes opening to accomplish something relatively simple. I would like a single per resource bookmark that sits on the resource's toolbar that requires a single click to enable or disable. There is all that extra whitespace next to the parallel tool icon, so why not put a bookmark tool icon there?

Posts 125
David Medina | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 10:07 AM

Now that Logos 8 is out I have the following concern.

What's the use of adding new useful features, like Canvas, while the app work sooooooo slow in OS X Mojave as t make the app unusable except for Bible reading? I don't get it. I think the #1 complaint for years is that Logos is slow and I have been faithfully waiting for an upgrade after upgrade in the hope that finally, Logis work as advertised. It seems like every update from Logos also requires an investment of a new computer in order to see it working. I am so frustrated that I have invested so much money and time in a software that has a lot of hype and little real performance improvement. In the meantime, apps like Accordance keep getting faster and faster. This will be my last Logos update as I will not keep pouring money on an app I have hardly been able to use as it keeps getting slower and slower and slower. 

Posts 1235
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2018 10:28 AM

David Medina:
I am so frustrated that I have invested so much money and time in a software that has a lot of hype and little real performance improvement. In the meantime, apps like Accordance keep getting faster and faster. This will be my last Logos update as I will not keep pouring money on an app I have hardly been able to use as it keeps getting slower and slower and slower.

Sorry you're frustrated, David! FWIW this is the opposite of the vast majority of reports with L8. The consensus has been that it's significantly faster. I say this so that you know you're not having the "normal" experience. I don't know if it's related to Mojave or something else (I'm still on High Sierra), but it may be worth enabling diagnostic logging and uploading some logs.

Posts 3960
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2018 5:02 AM

David Medina:

Now that Logos 8 is out I have the following concern.

What's the use of adding new useful features, like Canvas, while the app work sooooooo slow in OS X Mojave as t make the app unusable except for Bible reading? I don't get it. I think the #1 complaint for years is that Logos is slow and I have been faithfully waiting for an upgrade after upgrade in the hope that finally, Logis work as advertised. It seems like every update from Logos also requires an investment of a new computer in order to see it working. I am so frustrated that I have invested so much money and time in a software that has a lot of hype and little real performance improvement. In the meantime, apps like Accordance keep getting faster and faster. This will be my last Logos update as I will not keep pouring money on an app I have hardly been able to use as it keeps getting slower and slower and slower. 

As Reuban said, most users are experiencing better performance with L8. I run the program on my Windows 10 desktop, and on my macbook air with Mojave installed. I have seen performance improvement on both. Perhaps diagnostic logging would reveal some clues as to what you are experiencing.

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS