Page 1 of 8 (141 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 140 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1749
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:44 AM

none of the mobile apps go beyond the start up screen, ebooks, verbum, Faithlife Study Bible.  Only the Logos Next app opens. 

Posts 281
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:55 AM

New Verbum app crashes on start up on iPhone 7+ and iPad Pro ios 12.0.1

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:05 AM

Kenneth and Bruce, sorry to hear that. Could you please try going to the iOS settings app, and then find the app name in the list (i.e. Logos Bible, Verbum, etc) and try toggling the "Reset Workspace" icon on and see if that resolves the issue?

[EDIT] I think we've found the issue, doing a reset of the workspace will likely not work, however installing the app from scratch should (hopefully). We're working on a fix and hope to submit an update to Apple before the end of the day.

Posts 281
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:54 AM

Reset Workspace didn’t work. I will wait for the fix. 

Posts 649
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:01 AM

Same issue here with Study Bible. Resetting the workspace did not prevent the startup crash.

Posts 104
Andrew Perez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:06 AM

Same with me. Only The Bible App (english) and Faith Life TV is working.

Biblia (the Spanish App), Faith Life Study Bible, and the Ebook app do not open. 

I tried the "reset work space" but that did not fix the problem.

Posts 158
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:48 AM

Thanks for the reports. 

We have submitted an expedited fix to Apple. 

Posts 212
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 2:42 PM

Add mine to the list of crashing on start. Wish I never updated 😞

Retina MacBook Pro. i5 2.6ghz 8gb RAM, 512mb SSD (Late 2013). macOS 10.14. iPad Mini 4–128gb

Verbum 8 Silver, Orthodox 8 Bronze. Starter sets: Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 3:48 PM

I have an ipad mini 4 running the latest ios and my app keeps crashing as well.  It loads up, thinks for a bit and then crashes.  Do i really need to do a clean install to fix this?

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:17 PM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

Kenneth and Bruce, sorry to hear that. Could you please try going to the iOS settings app, and then find the app name in the list (i.e. Logos Bible, Verbum, etc) and try toggling the "Reset Workspace" icon on and see if that resolves the issue?

[EDIT] I think we've found the issue, doing a reset of the workspace will likely not work, however installing the app from scratch should (hopefully). We're working on a fix and hope to submit an update to Apple before the end of the day.

Should I wait for the fix or do the uninstall and reinstall on my iPad? I have a lot of resources downloaded and reinstalling is a pain plus I'd lose my devotionals so I don't want to pull that trigger unless I have to... Thoughts Todd?

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:08 AM

On a weird side note the crash bug never appeared on my iPhone 7 but it is showing its ugly head on my iPad

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:04 AM

For the non-Logos Bible apps, unfortunately a re-install will not resolve the issue. We have an update submitted to Apple and have requested an expedited review. Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully that update will be available soon.

Posts 212
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:24 AM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

For the non-Logos Bible apps, unfortunately a re-install will not resolve the issue. We have an update submitted to Apple and have requested an expedited review. Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully that update will be available soon.

i wish you posted that sooner. I reinstalled an hour ago (and it crashed again).

Now I have to reinstall my library after the updated app is sent to Apple.

Retina MacBook Pro. i5 2.6ghz 8gb RAM, 512mb SSD (Late 2013). macOS 10.14. iPad Mini 4–128gb

Verbum 8 Silver, Orthodox 8 Bronze. Starter sets: Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:58 AM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

What do you mean by non-logos app? My logos app on my iPad keeps crashing. Should I reinstall or wait for update? Can I avoid reinstalling?

Posts 212
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:10 AM

Mattillo:

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

What do you mean by non-logos app? My logos app on my iPad keeps crashing. Should I reinstall or wait for update? Can I avoid reinstalling?

i tried reinstalling Verbum and it still crashes. I’d recommend waiting until we hear something else so you don’t have to reinstall your library like I will.

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:35 AM

Mattillo, sorry if I wasn't clear. There is a known issue of crashing on startup for Verbum, FSB, Biblie, eBooks apps. We've submitted an update to Apple to address that issue. There are also some other fixes in there that I _think_ you might be hitting based on looking at some of our crash reporting. But to clarify, is your Logos Bible app crashing intermittently, or every time on startup?

We're also looking into a way of possibly getting you access to the version that Apple is reviewing before it is released in the App Store as a stop-gap measure.

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:47 AM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

Mattillo, sorry if I wasn't clear. There is a known issue of crashing on startup for Verbum, FSB, Biblie, eBooks apps. We've submitted an update to Apple to address that issue. There are also some other fixes in there that I _think_ you might be hitting based on looking at some of our crash reporting. But to clarify, is your Logos Bible app crashing intermittently, or every time on startup?

We're also looking into a way of possibly getting you access to the version that Apple is reviewing before it is released in the App Store as a stop-gap measure.

My logos Bible app on my iPad mini crashes within 10 seconds of start up. iPad mini 4 running the latest iOS ... Oddly enough it doesn't crash on my iPhone 7.  And yes this happens every time.  I've tried the old reboot but that didn't work.  The only thing I haven't tried was reinstalling the app which I fear to do because of all the books I have downloaded but if that is what I have to do let me know.  But from what I take above, you don't have an update planned for the main Logos Bible Study app that addresses my crashing issue?

I should also note that this is a 128gb ipad that isn't even half full so memory shouldn't be an issue

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:02 AM

Mattillo:

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

My logos Bible app on my iPad mini crashes within 10 seconds of start up. iPad mini 4 running the latest iOS ... Oddly enough it doesn't crash on my iPhone 7.  And yes this happens every time.  I've tried the old reboot but that didn't work.  The only thing I haven't tried was reinstalling the app which I fear to do because of all the books I have downloaded but if that is what I have to do let me know.  But from what I take above, you don't have an update planned for the main Logos Bible Study app that addresses my crashing issue?

I should also note that this is a 128gb ipad that isn't even half full so memory shouldn't be an issue

I edited the original post to add a little more info and questions

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:08 AM

There is an updated Logos Bible app in review, and it does have additional fixes that I think might resolve your issues on the iPad. I suspect the difference between the iPad and iPhone are related to which resources are open, and the problem might be related to visual filters.

You could try going to the main Apple settings app, finding the Logos Bible app (towards the bottom of the list), and turning on "Reset Workspace" on the iPad.

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:19 AM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

There is an updated Logos Bible app in review, and it does have additional fixes that I think might resolve your issues on the iPad. I suspect the difference between the iPad and iPhone are related to which resources are open, and the problem might be related to visual filters.

You could try going to the main Apple settings app, finding the Logos Bible app (towards the bottom of the list), and turning on "Reset Workspace" on the iPad.

Thank you Todd. I left my iPad at home today since it wasn't usable but I'll try that when I get home.  If it helps I didn't have any other apps opened when I tried to run the new Logos app (closed them all by swiping up).  I know you have no control over Apple but when do you think the new update will hit the iStore?  Also, do you think reinstalling would fix the issue?

Page 1 of 8 (141 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS