Page 2 of 8 (141 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 140 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 11:09 AM

Unfortunately I don't have any idea of gauging Apple's response time. In the past we've been able to get a 1 day turnaround, so we are hopeful for later today.

In your case, I don't believe a re-install would help, so I would hold off.

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 11:18 AM

Thank you Todd!  If it helps I've seen this behavior with other apps on my iPad since iOS 12.  One of them that comes to mind is the CrossExamined app made by SubSplash.  Same behavior of crashing on load up w/in 10 seconds.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the update and pray Big Smile

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 2:45 PM

Resetting the workspace did NOT work

Posts 189
Jon Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:41 AM

For me, the only App on iOS 12(12.1) that I've had any issues with is Faithlife eBooks. It won't open. I've reset workspace and reinstalled the app twice from scratch.

Posts 212
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:49 AM

Currently using the Logos app with only my essential  daily resources until Verbum‘s fix is done.

(EDIIT) Now this app is starting to crash too on downloaded resources when operating on airplane mode.

Retina MacBook Pro. i5 2.6ghz 8gb RAM, 512mb SSD (Late 2013). macOS 10.14. iPad Mini 4–128gb

Verbum 8 Silver, Orthodox 8 Bronze. Starter sets: Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:42 AM

I apologize for the delay in shipping the updated versions of the apps that we believe will fix the majority of the crashes. We are at the mercy of Apple in this regard.

As a workaround, we are providing a way to install the pre-release versions of the app via TestFlight, which is Apple's supported method for beta testing apps. To get the pre-release version, go to the AppStore and install the TestFlight app. Then, on your mobile device, follow one of the links below to install the pre-release version. Once the app is officially released in the AppStore, we recommend updating the app from the AppStore, unless you want to continue to receive and test pre-release versions. The pre-release versions will only work for about 90 days before they will no longer start.

Again, we apologize for the issues, and hope this helps.

FSB - https://testflight.apple.com/join/FNWhic7i
Logos - https://testflight.apple.com/join/ftLCn5d6
Verbum - https://testflight.apple.com/join/MBY04Qmv
eBooks - (not yet ready, but I will update this post)

Posts 649
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 10:08 AM

Hi Todd, 

FSB works again for me. Many thanks for providing a fix through this way.

Armin

Posts 212
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 10:31 AM

I think I’ll just use the Logos app until Verbum is fixed. No point in downloading the beta if I’ll have to reinstall the library when the final app gets approved.

Vexing that they’re so slow,  but as I understand it, this is out of your hands.

Retina MacBook Pro. i5 2.6ghz 8gb RAM, 512mb SSD (Late 2013). macOS 10.14. iPad Mini 4–128gb

Verbum 8 Silver, Orthodox 8 Bronze. Starter sets: Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 8
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:38 PM

Reinstalling and and selecting 'Reset Workspace' make no difference. Verbum 8 just doesn't work. I tried Logos 8 was better but eventually crashed, perhaps because I tried to change the text size and go to two columns. Have not bothered to reload. 

Verbum iOS was fine yesterday.  When I tried this evening just crashed., The only difference is that I upgraded to MacOS Verbum 8 yesterday.

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:31 PM

David Miller:

Reinstalling and and selecting 'Reset Workspace' make no difference. Verbum 8 just doesn't work. I tried Logos 8 was better but eventually crashed, perhaps because I tried to change the text size and go to two columns. Have not bothered to reload. 

Verbum iOS was fine yesterday.  When I tried this evening just crashed., The only difference is that I upgraded to MacOS Verbum 8 yesterday.

David, there is an issue with the current Verbum 8 app, we are expediting a review with Apple, but we have to wait for them. Did you attempt to install the pre-release via TestFlight as outlined earlier in this thread?

Posts 113
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:42 PM

I tried the Test Flight beta app and you need a code to start it up.  I am waiting as well.  Hoping it will be available before Bible study tonight but looking doubtful. 

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:49 PM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

David Miller:

David, there is an issue with the current Verbum 8 app, we are expediting a review with Apple, but we have to wait for them. Did you attempt to install the pre-release via TestFlight as outlined earlier in this thread?

Any issues with the Logos app? Or might we see that in a day or two

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:50 PM

Donald G. Fisher:

I tried the Test Flight beta app and you need a code to start it up.  I am waiting as well.  Hoping it will be available before Bible study tonight but looking doubtful. 

Same here on the hoping post though I have a group to lead on Sunday... Fingers crossed it gets fixed by then! I haven't tried the test flight though

Posts 1749
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:52 PM

The new app in test flight is working well.

Posts 113
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:54 PM

I don’t have access to the Code to get it working though. 

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:57 PM

There is no need for a redeem code in TestFlight. Once TestFlight is installed on your device, you should just have to follow one of these links (from your mobile device) to install the app from TestFlight.

FSB - https://testflight.apple.com/join/FNWhic7i
Logos - https://testflight.apple.com/join/ftLCn5d6
Verbum - https://testflight.apple.com/join/MBY04Qmv

Posts 1289
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:06 PM

I was on the Logos app beta and successfully installed 8.0.1 on both iPad (mini) and iPhone (SE). So far they seem stable. Thanks for the quick fix.

Still waiting for the other apps to officially become available. Trying not to have too many apps on beta... as I understand once you're on beta you can't get out of that (please confirm).

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 8
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:13 PM

I did after posting. Verbum 8 beta ran for about 10 minutes and then crashed when I tried to a download. I'll wait for the fix.

Posts 212
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:54 PM

So, did Apple give ANY timeframe for approval?

Posts 113
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:49 PM

Got it.  Thanks.  I was downloading the app and starting it manually instead of the link. 

Don

Page 2 of 8 (141 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS