Page 3 of 8 (141 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 140 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:56 PM

I was going to install test flight but it wanted to install over my current app. Will it erase everything if I do? How do I update to the stable app after the fact if i go with test flight?

Posts 649
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:03 AM

Mattillo:

I was going to install test flight but it wanted to install over my current app. Will it erase everything if I do? How do I update to the stable app after the fact if i go with test flight?

Your settings and downloaded resources will likely remain. Once the regular version comes out, you can install it like any normal update from the app store.

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 8:09 AM

Thank you Armin.  Hopefully the update will be live today if not I'll try the test flight route

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 9:55 AM

David Wanat:

So, did Apple give ANY timeframe for approval?

Unfortunately Apple doesn't provide any such information. :(

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 9:56 AM

Updates for Biblia, Logos Bible and Verbum have been approved by Apple and should be available in the AppStore soon. We are still awaiting approval for the FSB and Faithlife eBooks apps.

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 10:11 AM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

Updates for Biblia, Logos Bible and Verbum have been approved by Apple and should be available in the AppStore soon. We are still awaiting approval for the FSB and Faithlife eBooks apps.

Thanks Todd! Nothing yet for me but I'll keep checking

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 11:02 AM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

Todd I installed the 8.0.1 update from the app store and my ipad mini is still crashing on startup.  Tried numerous times

iPad mini model MK9N2LL/A

iOS 12.1

I tried to reset the workspace as well

EDIT: I also tried rebooting my iPad and installing the testflight version just in case they were different.  The first startup it stayed open but froze.  Force closed it and now it crashes as startup again Crying

Posts 8
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 11:24 AM

Sadly likewise. Screen shot from iPad attached.

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 11:27 AM

I finally caved and installed the testflight version but that one crashes too.  I sent the logs to Kevin Byford but looking at the log it doesn't really say much except my device info.

I know the ipad mini can't install or run any apps with AR features.  Could that be something related to the crashing here?

Posts 8
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 11:48 AM

Logos 8.0.1 works better. It seems that specific books after downloading cause crashes and have to be removed. Screen shot of one culprit attached.

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 11:50 AM

Mattillo:

I finally caved and installed the testflight version but that one crashes too.  I sent the logs to Kevin Byford but looking at the log it doesn't really say much except my device info.

I know the ipad mini can't install or run any apps with AR features.  Could that be something related to the crashing here?

The TestFlight and the AppStore versions of 8.0.1 are the same.

To recap, working fine currently on your iPhone but not our your iPad? This may be related to which resources are downloaded on the device. I'll be looking through our crash reports, but re-installing the app may help.

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 12:12 PM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

The TestFlight and the AppStore versions of 8.0.1 are the same.

To recap, working fine currently on your iPhone but not our your iPad? This may be related to which resources are downloaded on the device. I'll be looking through our crash reports, but re-installing the app may help.

Yes sir.  Working on my iPhone 7 running iOS 11.4.1 but NOT working on my iPad mini running 12.1.  For the record I download a ton of resources onto my iPad because I'm not always near wifi.  I deleted the app and will redownload on my iPad... this makes me sad but I'll get it done.  I'm worried I'll run into this issue again though when I start redownloading all my resources. 

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 1:02 PM

Update: Deleting and Reinstalling has seemed to fix it for me on my iPad mini.  Stable at moment but it is doing an immense amount of thinking and reconfiguring so if it crashes I'll let you know... waiting for cards and notes to transfer over.

My question now is... how should I proceed?  Do I not download any resources?  Do I download in pieces and if it crashes uninstall/reinstall all over again?  This seems like it would be a tedious process

Posts 8
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 3:11 PM

If you do download books you may find what I have found that specific items causes Logos 8.0.1 to crash. In my case Stromateis Book One to Three (Catholic University of America). I have tried more than once and it always crashes. I can use 'Reset Workspace' to reset and remove it. I make sure each download functions correctly before attempting another one. I would never have installed Verbum 8 for iOS had I known. Would like to go back to 7.

Posts 1893
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:59 PM

Is this the right place to post for the FL Ebooks?  If so:

The  Ebooks Reader App (once known as Vyrso)  is crashing on all my devices.  iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7plus, iPad mini.  I can log in and then....Bang...Pow...Crash.  Reinstalling goes as far as logging in, opening the bible and then...she goes belly up. 

Edit:  Update

By reinstalling and logging on with a test account everything works for that test account.  Log into my own account and it crashes. the behavior is the same on all my devices mentioned above. So it might be an issue with my account?  

My Logos Bible app works fine.  The Ebook Reader crashes every time.

Am I the only one?  If so, maybe I need to call in....

Posts 212
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 8:22 PM

Verbum is broken again. It may be linked to one book (Aristotle, volume 1) which crashes on opening.

”Reset Workplace“ seems to work to make it stop crashing, and I didn’t lose my library. But this never happened before the current version.

Retina MacBook Pro. i5 2.6ghz 8gb RAM, 512mb SSD (Late 2013). macOS 10.14. iPad Mini 4–128gb

Verbum 8 Silver, Orthodox 8 Bronze. Starter sets: Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 106
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 12:34 AM

I've been more fortunate. Verbum was crashing every time I attempted to open it. I didn't check the forum. I uninstalled the app, hard started the iPad and reinstalled the app. It worked. 

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 3:05 AM

Update 2: My app has been fairing ok since the update but it is still crashing at times. Don't get me wrong, it is usable but I've had it crash while: a note is processing, reading, and switching tabs so I'm not quite sure what is causing it.

Also, highlights are SLOW. The first highlight I make is quick but ones after that can take up to a minute or more to display. Secondly, My dictionary feature is all off. I selected a word yesterday to get a definition and it pulled the definition from an Osborne commentary and I know I have my English dictionaries prioritized higher than that and yes they are downloaded. Finally on more resources than not, when I open a book I can only view a portion of it, e.g. can only scroll up and down about a page, like it is stuck loading/downloading. This is on downloaded resources too. To fix I force close the app and when it reloads it is fine.

Posts 106
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 4:53 AM

I wrote to soon. While the app launches and I've been able to re-download resources I now suffer from another issue reported on another forum - the blank screen issue which can strike at any time. I may be able to open a resource and read it but switch to another and I get just a white screen. I've refreshed the app and the background to it. I've hard started the iPad. Nothing fixes this.

I'm simply going to wait for the fix. I have Android phones and tablet, so I'm not under pressure. 

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 5:01 AM

I forgot to add that as well. Black resources here too

Page 3 of 8 (141 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS