Page 5 of 8 (141 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 140 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 39
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 3:03 AM

Sorry if this has already been covered in this thread, but, even after the most recent Logos update every time I try to open the Logos app. on my iPad Pro & iPad Air they both crash.  

I am really wanting to buy some resources right now, but cannot open the app.  Oddly, the app. opens fine on my iPhone 6 Plus (?).  Not sure if this is a noted issue or not, but it started after the most recent Apple update and the most recent Logos update did not fix it (though it did fix my eBooks app. from crashing).

Edit:  Okay, so after I posted the above I saw where someone suggested to Reset Workspace in the Logos App.  I did this and it is at least staying open for now, but I am unfamiliar with this option.  Do I need to keep this feature on for the Logos App. to work?  

Thank you much!

Posts 212
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 5:02 AM

“Reset Workspace“ automaticall turns off after you do it.

Retina MacBook Pro. i5 2.6ghz 8gb RAM, 512mb SSD (Late 2013). macOS 10.14. iPad Mini 4–128gb

Verbum 8 Silver, Orthodox 8 Bronze. Starter sets: Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 8:45 AM

Likewise. (Forgive me if I repeat what's been said earlier.) Despite two Logos updates on my iPhone X, full IOS update and resetting workspace in settings, iPhone app has crashed every time since L8 rollout. Funny thing is, app works fine on my iPad Mini 4. Looking forward to when issues with iPhone X will be resolved. 

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 12:11 PM

My iPad app continues to crash as well.  Today it crashed as I was reading my devotional and I wasn't even highlighting anything!

Blank pages are still a huge issue especially when swiping between open downloaded resources. 

Sad

Posts 39
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 8:58 PM

David Wanat:

“Reset Workspace“ automaticall turns off after you do it.

Correct, I went back to check and it’s off, but, oddly enough, my Logos app. seems to be functioning correctly after I did that.

Posts 39
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 9:03 PM

Ben Bush:

Likewise. (Forgive me if I repeat what's been said earlier.) Despite two Logos updates on my iPhone X, full IOS update and resetting workspace in settings, iPhone app has crashed every time since L8 rollout. Funny thing is, app works fine on my iPad Mini 4. Looking forward to when issues with iPhone X will be resolved. 

Just when I was about to aquire the new large iPhone they just rolled out 😏.  Good to know, think I’ll wait until they have all of the bugs worked out first.

Posts 39
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 9:26 PM

Also, I received the email today saying Logos would do an update tomorrow, but I could do it myself if I wanted to following these instructions:

How to update Logos

When you are connected to the internet, type “update now” (without quotes) in the Command Box, then press Enter. Logos will automatically update you to the most recent version of Logos 7.

I don’t see a “command box” in either my app. or their site (?).  Or, will this take place automatically  tomorrow?

Posts 20556
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:09 AM

roger perkins:

When you are connected to the internet, type “update now” (without quotes) in the Command Box, then press Enter. Logos will automatically update you to the most recent version of Logos 7.

I don’t see a “command box” in either my app. or their site (?)

The "update now" command relates to the desktop not mobile apps.

For mobile apps - on iOS - updates appear in the App store.

Posts 39
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:52 AM

Graham Criddle:

roger perkins:

I don’t see a “command box” in either my app. or their site (?)

The "update now" command relates to the desktop not mobile apps.

For mobile apps - on iOS - updates appear in the App store.

Ahh, I suspected so.  Thank you.

Incidentally, not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I downloaded the Logos app. onto my MacBook Air everytime I open it another Logos icon opens to the right of my doc. (at the bottom) and that’s the one that opens (?).  And, a Logos emblem appears at the top right of my screen-proper (not just the top like where the time & WiFi connection appear).  Not sure if I need to delete and start all over (as you can likely tell I’m new to Logos,  but love it so far) - or if this is common w. Macs (?).

I also have Olive Tree, but do not have this issue w. them.

Posts 1847
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 6:15 AM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):
try toggling the "Reset Workspace"

Can you please explain what the "Reset Workspace" toggle does? I'm assuming there are pros & cons to using it?

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 7:21 AM

So, why do updates keep going to my iPad 4, which doesn't crash, and not to my iPhone X which still does and needs another update very badly?

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 8:30 AM

Donnie Hale:

Can you please explain what the "Reset Workspace" toggle does? I'm assuming there are pros & cons to using it?

Resetting the workspace resets all the currently open tabs to the "default" set of tabs created when first installing the application. The intention is to be able to work around any problematic tabs that are causing issues. Hope that helps.

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 8:31 AM

Ben Bush:

So, why do updates keep going to my iPad 4, which doesn't crash, and not to my iPhone X which still does and needs another update very badly?

Ben, I'm sorry you are still having problems. Most likely, it has to do with which resources you have open on one device vs. the other. We have another update in the pipeline, currently waiting on Apple for review.

Posts 1847
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 8:42 AM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):
Resetting the workspace resets all the currently open tabs to the "default" set of tabs created when first installing the application. The intention is to be able to work around any problematic tabs that are causing issues. Hope that helps.

Still not sure I get it. Do I lose my layouts? Do the tabs open in my layouts get changed? I have no idea what the default set of tabs might be when first installing the app - that was way too long ago.

Thanks again,

Donnie

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 9:20 AM

Thanks, Todd. Hadn't thought of your scenario. Just tried opening iPhone app w/Logos 8 closed. Still crashes within about 10 seconds. So, still a no-go. Grateful for all the work you guys do and are doing. Love having Logos accessibility on my phone, really looking forward to having it back. 

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 10:19 AM

Donnie Hale:

Still not sure I get it. Do I lose my layouts? Do the tabs open in my layouts get changed? I have no idea what the default set of tabs might be when first installing the app - that was way too long ago.

Resetting the workspace will not affect layouts (new in v8). The default layout on the Bible app depends on whether you are on a tablet or phone, but is typically the LEB linked with the FSB and a Text Comparison tab.

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 6:13 AM

Todd

I am also still having problems. My iPad app crashes numerous times throughout the day and is also plagued with black screen and locked scrolling issues. My iPhone on the other hand doesn't seem to have these issues. I download resources onto my iPad as well. Are you thinking it is a download resource issue or an iPad mini issue?

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Todd Diehl (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 9:23 AM

Mattillo:

Are you thinking it is a download resource issue or an iPad mini issue?

There are certain issues with downloaded resources that should be resolved in 8.0.3 (currently in review by Apple). If you want to try the TestFlight build, that was pushed out to the public this morning (install TestFlight app, open https://testflight.apple.com/join/ftLCn5d6 on device).

There are some memory issues that could potentially be affecting the iPad mini that we are investigating as well. I've brought in an old iPad mini this morning and plan to do some investigation.

Posts 2673
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2018 9:58 AM

Todd Diehl (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

Are you thinking it is a download resource issue or an iPad mini issue?

There are certain issues with downloaded resources that should be resolved in 8.0.3 (currently in review by Apple). If you want to try the TestFlight build, that was pushed out to the public this morning (install TestFlight app, open https://testflight.apple.com/join/ftLCn5d6 on device).

There are some memory issues that could potentially be affecting the iPad mini that we are investigating as well. I've brought in an old iPad mini this morning and plan to do some investigation.

Thank you Todd for taking the time to figure this out. If it helps I have the latest iPad mini gen 4 with 128gb. Definitely not the oldest iPad mini but I believe apple discontinued them so an upgrade might be in order if you determine it is the device.

Posts 106
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2018 3:50 PM

I'm not sure what version 8.03 was going to fix, but I'm just letting you know that it hasn’t fixed the white screen and freezing issue on my iPad Air. But maybe it wasn’t meant to. 

Page 5 of 8 (141 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS