WF Editor Suggestion: Commentary Collections within Workflow

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2018 7:47 AM

For other WF Editor suggestions see this thread.

Please allow specifying a commentary collection for the commentaries guide section. In addition to simply linking to an existing collection on the current machine (when editing the workflow), please give us a place to enter the collection rule so that the workflow can be shared with the required collections being created by the WF at runtime.

Related Threads:

There've been multiple previous requests for this so feel free to point me to others and I'll update this post.

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 2:49 AM

When will we see this, Faithlife?

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2019 11:40 PM

Bump.

Posts 277
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 10:59 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

When will we see this, Faithlife?

This seems like a crucial feature for Workflows.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 11:53 AM

For me, this is the most important missing feature in Workflows. And it doesn't seem like it would be hard to add…

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 12:22 PM

Mark Barnes:

For me, this is the most important missing feature in Workflows. And it doesn't seem like it would be hard to add…

I agree. Perhaps we can get a some of the bug fixes and features that seem like such small fixes in the next cycle. I am disappointed that a number of items that seem so small have not been addressed.

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 4:12 PM

Fredc:

I am disappointed that a number of items that seem so small have not been addressed.

Granted. Yet let's not forget how FL has overachieved as of late in the Notes area. Maybe next is a WF blitz to match the Notes progress we are all enjoying now. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2019 3:12 AM

Myke Harbuck:
Maybe next is a WF blitz to match the Notes progress we are all enjoying now.

Let's hope! Wouldn't it be awesome if we had the following implemented by 8.4?!🤪

1. Multiple Note Support
  2. Option to specify Commentary Collection 
  3. Allow Defining of Note Attributes
  4. Option to specify a resource for “Read” step
  5. Project Name Field
  6. Pass the key to a link
Posts 1836
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 8:29 AM

I could not find a USERVOICE item for this request? so I created one and gave 3 of my votes! https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-8/suggestions/37095499-specify-collections-in-workflow 

Since the FORUM is primarily for users, and USERVOICE is primarily to communicate with developers, this may allow this thread to get more traction.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 277
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:25 AM

David Thomas:

I could not find a USERVOICE item for this request? so I created one and gave 3 of my votes! https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-8/suggestions/37095499-specify-collections-in-workflow 

Since the FORUM is primarily for users, and USERVOICE is primarily to communicate with developers, this may allow this thread to get more traction.

Thanks!

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:36 AM

David Thomas:
I could not find a USERVOICE item for this request? so I created one

David, I noticed that you mentioned a checkbox in the workflow to indicate commentaries you've already worked through. This got me to thinking... why not simply (or at least) change the color of the hyperlink once clicked (like a web browser). This would allow the same functionality to work for journals, textual apparatuses, etc, etc. Would this work for you? I broke my self-imposed rule to only include things concerning the WF EDITOR and added this to the list and may start a dedicated suggestion thread:

• Indicate opened resources
    • By simply changing the font color on a link once clicked (as in a web browser), the user will be able to see which commentaries, for example, have already been opened/consulted.

Posts 1836
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2019 12:06 PM

Reuben Helmuth:
This got me to thinking... why not simply (or at least) change the color of the hyperlink once clicked (like a web browser).

This would work to the extent that it indicates "I have reviewed this resource as part of this workflow" [Just because I opened this resource last week when I was working on the previous pericope doesn't mean that I have consulted this resource for this text]

Nowhere else in Logos that I'm aware of does color indicate resource viewed (as often done in web browsing or on the Forums).

BTW, the checkbox idea was introduced by another user here - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/180034.aspx 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 277
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 10:55 AM

Update?  This seems like a key feature that is still missing.

Posts 277
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2019 7:10 AM

Please Logos, this missing feature is keeping me from using Workflows effectively.  Any ETA?

We need more votes for this feature here: https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-8/suggestions/37095499-specify-collections-in-workflow

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS