Dr Grant Osborne

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 665
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 4 2018 10:47 AM

Posts 454
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 10:50 AM

Thanks for sharing. I didn't know him, but have appreciated his writing.

Posts 6107
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 12:29 PM

May he rest in peace!

Not that it matters in the end, but I wonder if he finished the Lexham Press Commentaries.

We’ll find out eventually. This is just a reminder to us all that we’re here today, but may be literally gone tomorrow.

DAL

Posts 616
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 1:56 PM

Nothing reported yet on the web, that I can find.  Sad news.

Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 3:15 PM

Nord Zootman:

Thanks for sharing. I didn't know him, but have appreciated his writing.

Me too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 521
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 5:41 PM

Sad indeed...

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 616
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 6:42 PM

Robert Harner:

Thank you for sharing, that was well written, and gave me a glimpse into who this man was.

Posts 616
Posts 818
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 12:38 PM

Michael S.:

I would expect Faithlife have the manuscripts for the 2 remaining books in that set. I would think further volumes are very doubtful unless someone is given his student handouts to edit.

Posts 2817
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 1:20 PM

Like many others, I did not know him personally, but I was blessed by his scholarly work.  Thank God for him, and prayers for his family and friends.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 2:41 PM

Check out Logos' blog on Dr. Osborne - https://blog.logos.com/2018/11/remembering-grant-osborne/

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 3:46 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 818
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 2:45 AM

The Grant Osborne NT commentaries all appear to have been reduced in price. I picked up Acts last week as I noticed the price reduction in my wishlist. Signing out of my account and checking again this morning I noticed they've all been reduced. Looking forward to the James volume going into pre-pub soon.

Posts 6107
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 4:36 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I was only missing Luke. Now we wait for the James Volume 👍😁👌

Posts 818
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 5:10 AM

I've also noticed that most Lexham Press books seem to have been reduced.

Posts 2167
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 5:58 AM

A heads up for Faithlife Connect users... the one volume that shows I do not own is Acts, but it is included with the FL Connect subscription and is in my library with a temporary license. Some may want a "permanent" license, but you should check your resources to see if you already have a temporary license before buying these.

Posts 818
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 6:12 AM

I don't have any Logos subscription or package - other than the free of charge engine. I do have Steve Runge's high definition Romans commentary as a temporary license. I've noticed though that the Romans commentary has been reduced to only $16.99. How likely is it that I'll have permanent access via the temporary license? I'm tempted to buy, but don't want to waste money.

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS